Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue transferring photos from iPad to PC

Options
  • 17-12-2018 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to transfer photos from an iPad 2 to a PC via a USB cable but having issues.

I can see the DCIM folder on the iPad and there are about 100 photos in there, but none of the albums are showing up. In total there are about 600 photos in various albums but only the 100 in the DCIM folder are visible.

Ipad is running ios 8.? and doesn't have iCloud enabled.

Am i missing a trick here ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Yes, just go to Icloud and get pictures from there. Much easier.

You can even install iCloud on the pc and then all pictures from iOS devices will copy to the pc as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Can I upload to iCloud if I don't know the iTunes password ?

The iPad belonged to an in-law and whilst we know the email address she used for iTunes, we don't know the password or have the linked device for password reset.

Is it possible to set up a separate iCloud account and upload to that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Icloud is not linked to a device that way.

If you can access the email then just go to select "Forgot Apple ID or password?" and reset the password through the email.

Alternatively you could use other cloud services like Google Drive or Dropbox. Install the apps on the ipad, back up the pictures.

Login to the service on the pc and download them.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Icloud is not linked to a device that way.

If you can access the email then just go to select "Forgot Apple ID or password?" and reset the password through the email.

Alternatively you could use other cloud services like Google Drive or Dropbox. Install the apps on the ipad, back up the pictures.

Login to the service on the pc and download them.

Google drive, thanks, forgot to look for the obvious !

Plan B.... its an iPad 2 and ios only goes to 9.5, both dropbox & google drive need ios10

• Advertisement
Advertisement