Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 22nd - Frampton v Warrington & Whyte v Chisora

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Whyte KO/TKO
    dulux99 wrote: »
    I thought they were good mates?

They are but Conlan has been talking it from the second he's turned pro. Carl might be more into the idea now he'll be struggling to find a decent pay day. Stranger things have happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Morrison J wrote: »
    They are but Conlan has been talking it from the second he's turned pro. Carl might be more into the idea now he'll be struggling to find a decent pay day. Stranger things have happened.

It would sell out Windsor or even casement!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

walshb wrote: »
    I find it very difficult to warm to Barnes and Conlan...can’t put my finger on it..

Wayne, Carl, Dave, Barry.....there’s a warmth from them..

Unionists who come through the Irish System and box for play or play sports for Ireland are always a unifying force (another good example is Darren Clarke in Golf). As nationalist these are the types of guys I get bebind always.

Guys like Paddy Barnes are always trying to get little digs in and I don't like it at all.

I Much prefer the likes of Ryan Burnett who is a Catholic but never makes it political.

Whyte KO/TKO
    It would sell out Windsor or even casement!

Would be massive and makes a lot of sense for both to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Unionists who come through the Irish System and box for play or play sports for Ireland are always a unifying force (another good example is Darren Clarke in Golf). As nationalist these are the types of guys I get bebind always.

Guys like Paddy Barnes are always trying to get little digs in and I don't like it at all.

I Much prefer the likes of Ryan Burnett who is a Catholic but never makes it political.
    Do you think guys choose a certain side from a career perpective? As strong as irish Olympic boxing has been it must seem tougher to break into the UK team?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

I think it's a bad fight for Conlan, but might be the best earner he gets, as i'm not sure he's going that far in the sport, relative to guys like Frampton and Burnett.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,135 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Warrington Points
    Do you think guys choose a certain side from a career perpective? As strong as irish Olympic boxing has been it must seem tougher to break into the UK team?

Picking sides as regards boxing is different...

They need to be in an ABA affiliated club to qualify as far as I know. Compete in the ABAs and then go the GB qualifying route from there...not really worth the “hassle” I’d say for most..unless they are both “very British as well as anti Irish,” I can’t see them going that route..

Bottom line is that to get to the games you have to qualify outside your country..

Warrington Points
    But yes, to crack GB team you are having to be the best in an area with far more clubs, and circa ten plus times the population...

Whyte KO/TKO
    Jermell gets beat and Jermall wins. I had the fights scored as Jermell winning and Jermall getting beat. Outstanding performance by Korobov. Didn't think he'd have that in him coming so far down in weight on short notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Stunning performance by Korobov considering his age, his absence from the sport and the fact he's a raging alcoholic. What a shame.

Dillian Whyte is awful. I genuinely think Tony Bellew would beat him. How about Joshua on commentary last night? He is so bad. At one point he said that both of the lad's cardiovascular systems were working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Angliru wrote: »
    At one point he said that both of the lad's cardiovascular systems were working.

And was he not right :pac:

AJ was embarrassing on commentary last night. It was like Eddie Hearn said to him "Go on son, you get out there and sell the fight". All the self serving comments about how great a show it was. Now it was a good fight, but I don't need AJ to tell me that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

And was he not right :pac:

AJ was embarrassing on commentary last night. It was like Eddie Hearn said to him "Go on son, you get out there and sell the fight". All the self serving comments about how great a show it was. Now it was a good fight, but I don't need AJ to tell me that.

Saying he was looking forward to seeing the punch stats for the round 25 seconds into round 1 was another beauty.

Yeah it was painful. At one point Whyte was getting pummelled and doing sweet shag all because he couldn't yet Joshua said he was being very clever absorbing the shots. Carl Froch sounded like a pugilistic prophet in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bubblegummers

Chisora KO/TKO
    Mick C would end Carl’s career and well Carl knows.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

His career is already pretty much over.

Just needs the paydays now.

Warrington Points

Based on performances last night you’re having a laugh...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Frampton KO/TKO

I'd highly doubt that unless Frampton is on the complete and total slide. Conlon is very ordinary and has no punch to command Frampton's respect. I don't think he's busy enough either. I'd go as far to say Conlon is a good matchup for Frampton at their current levels.

Chisora KO/TKO
    weemcd wrote: »
    I'd highly doubt that unless Frampton is on the complete and total slide. Conlon is very ordinary and has no punch to command Frampton's respect. I don't think he's busy enough either. I'd go as far to say Conlon is a good matchup for Frampton at their current levels.

Mick would 110% beat Carl. Carl last night was done, he has no desire in camp he took 5 days to himself to go shopping in a Dublin. Ya don’t do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Frampton KO/TKO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Whyte KO/TKO
    Seen a lot of interviews of Frampton ****ting on Shane McGuigan’s training camps and saying how much more he enjoyed being in the Moore camp. Maybe Shane took him to places he needed to go to and pushed him that extra mile that he needed. Age might be the bigger factor but he was definitely much sharper in those days. When you see how sharp Shane has the likes of Taylor and Groves it's hard to not think it must be a major factor. If Carl is to go again he has to change camps or it's pointless. Where to I'm not entirely sure.

• Advertisement

Whyte KO/TKO
    weemcd wrote: »

Frampton clearly didn't have the punch power to earn Warrington's respect last night anyway. His power is lacking at featherweight so that goes both ways.

You'd have to make Frampton a favourite but with this current version of Frampton it's arguably a close fight. Not a chance it happens any time soon anyway so it's all a bit pointless.

Chisora KO/TKO
    Frampton clearly didn't have the punch power to earn Warrington's respect last night anyway. His power is lacking at featherweight so that goes both ways.

You'd have to make Frampton a favourite but with this current version of Frampton it's arguably a close fight. Not a chance it happens any time soon anyway so it's all a bit pointless.

People are underestimating mick. Anyway Carl will not fight again.

Warrington Points
    People are underestimating mick. Anyway Carl will not fight again.

We can only go on what he has produced to date, and as a lifelong boxing fan I have seen nothing to really make me stand up....

You’re talking about Mick wrecking Carl. That implies beating him convincingly.

You did see the meal he made of that tomato can last night?

Surely Carl offers a whole lot more than said can?

Frampton is, and has been regressing...

Mid or late 2019, I reckon MC is very much the same fighter...

If Carl is anywhere near his current level I’d have to bet on him to be too good for MC..

Chisora KO/TKO
    We can only go on what he has produced to date, and as a lifelong boxing fan I have seen nothing to really make me stand up....

If Carl is anywhere near his current level I’d have to bet on him to be too good for MC..

As am I a lifelong boxing fan. I worked with both boxers in years gone by and have watched them both. Carl has had no desire to box and is doing it as Christine is due back to work and he is looking a cash out in my opinion.

His camp was a shambles and he was unprofessional in looking at josh as he did.

As far as mick is concerned, Carl is too slow and flat now wlfor what mick brings. He brings a bundle of energy.

Warrington Points
    As am I a lifelong boxing fan. I worked with both boxers in years gone by and have watched them both. Carl has had no desire to box and is doing it as Christine is due back to work and he is looking a cash out in my opinion.

His camp was a shambles and he was unprofessional in looking at josh as he did.

As far as mick is concerned, Carl is too slow and flat now wlfor what mick brings. He brings a bundle of energy.

Well, I just don’t see it as clearcut as you...

Not sure how anyone could after watching MCs pro journey to date..

Whyte KO/TKO

Have you watched Jason Cunningham before? He's not a total tomato can. Outboxed Reece Bellotti and was seconds away from stopping Jordan Gill. Gill just pissed his way to a British title and will likely go on to contend at world level.

Mick never looked remotely bothered by Cunningham. Was a good win. Not spectacular but in a step up he did well imo. I know he'd have to look like the second coming off jesus Christ to draw some credit from you but yesterday result wise was good and he's still learning.

Warrington Points
    I have seen JC before. Tomato can he looked last night...

Step up record wise, but still, at this stage of JCs career, he is a basic level foe..

Warrington Points

I know he'd have to look like the second coming off jesus Christ to draw some credit from you.

No problem giving him credit..

It’s all about levels. If judging him as a basic average domestic pro, MC passes the test...

If judging him as a real pro potential on fringe/world/elite level he has yet to waken me..

Warrington Points

Mick never looked remotely bothered by Cunningham.

True, and apart from rd 10, JC was not bothered by MC

It works both ways, and more analysis on the so called “superstar.”

• Advertisement

Chisora KO/TKO
    True, and apart from rd 10, JC was not bothered by MC

It works both ways, and more analysis on the so called “superstar.”

Would this be same analysis you provided on the Tyson fight( yes I read it)

Advertisement