Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 22nd - Frampton v Warrington & Whyte v Chisora

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Warrington Points
    Morrison J wrote: »
    Frampton v Conlan in Windsor Park end of 2019 please.

Belfast Ice rink more likely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I thought they were good mates?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Frampton was around a 1/3 favourite.

Like it or not he has gone downhill since he went to Jamie Moore. I Just don't think Moore is a good trainer.
    Also I'll say it again- Frampton is a very small Featherweight, again he just looked tiny tonight.
    He doesn't look half as lean as he did a SBW.

I saw him 1 to 2 with most bookies. Warrington around the 15/8 mark...so not exactly a buster Douglas type upset by any means. Also on the other response. ..do you think k carl should continue now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Warrington Points
    That was at Cruiser.

Eubank fought at that big a weight???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Warrington Points

Why not mid 2019 or earlier? Conlan won’t be ready?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

walshb wrote: »
    Correct...

You’re hammering me tonight..

Cruiser was weak at the time.

Eubank went straight from Super Middle to Cruiser and gave Thompson hell over 2 fights. Thompson was the same guy that Knocked out Haye.

Carl the Cat was literally the most value for money fighter in that era. He was always in great fights.

Try_harder wrote: »
    Eubank fought at that big a weight???

Yeah Cruiser was 190 at the time. Eubank went straight up from 168 to 190 and then went back down to fight Calzaghe at 168 when Collins retired.

Those were the days!!!

Warrington Points
    Cruiser was weak at the time.

Eubank went straight from Super Middle to Cruiser and gave Thompson hell over 2 fights. Thompson was the same guy that Knocked out Haye.

Carl the Cat was literally the most value for money fighter in that era. He was always in great fights.

Indeed...some belters...

Johnny Nelson got his world title win v him I think...not going to say definite, the way my night is going.

Why not mid 2019 or earlier? Conlan won’t be ready?

That would be like watching two of my cousins s go at it or something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭PLOPS

Draw
    No Santa Cruz would be a disaster. Hard to see where Carl goes from here. Maybe step aside? He's had a great career . Doesn't need to prove anything really

I thinks Carl's problem is going to be money, he's in a dispute with BMcG over money, he got a huge tax bill too. I think he'll fight another few to get a few quid into the retirement fund.

• Advertisement

PLOPS wrote: »
    I thinks Carl's problem is going to be money, he's in a dispute with BMcG over money, he got a huge tax bill too. I think he'll fight another few to get a few quid into the retirement fund.

Not the first boxer to be in that spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Whyte KO/TKO
    Johner wrote: »
    That was refreshing to see, he said he lost to the better man on the night, fair play not a lot of fighters can admit it straight away.

Aye and his pointing to Warrington as the scorecards were read out too. Pure class. Was the same when he beat Santa Cruz. One of our classiest sportsmen

Indeed...some belters...

Johnny Nelson got his world title win v him I think...not going to say definite, the way my night is going.

No, you're right this time. Nelson took Thompson's WBO title but Carl was very pissed off as He felt he had been stopped early and he'd been known to come back from looking dead.

Warrington Points
    No, you're right this time. Nelson took Thompson's WBO title but Carl was very pissed off as He felt he had been stopped early and he'd been known to come back from looking dead.

I saw that fight. Must be 20 years now. I’m getting old..

Carl the Cat vs Rothman

Warrington Points
    Aye and his pointing to Warrington as the scorecards were read out too. Pure class. Was the same when he beat Santa Cruz. One of our classiest sportsmen

He’s British by the way. Just saying. But a great ambassador on this island..

I saw that fight. Must be 20 years now. I’m getting old..

We are definitely both old Bren :(

I was waiting for this :D

Warrington Points
    dulux99 wrote: »
    I was waiting for this :D

No Biggy. He is, and identifies as such...that’s life..

Still a great ambassador...

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bubblegummers

Chisora KO/TKO

His kids in an Irish speaking school and called Rossa.

• Advertisement

I thought he was a staunch loyalist from tigers bay, I didn't know that. Anyway it's doing him a disservice to go down this rabbit hole...

Warrington Points

Great!

His wife is Irish..

Carl is a gentleman..

You can be irish and British my man...good Friday agreement! Seriously though have alway had major respect for guys like Frampton that could sit in the middle of the fence and keep the politics out of sport...and I say that as someone with strong republican tendencies

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bubblegummers

Chisora KO/TKO
    dulux99 wrote: »
    I thought he was a staunch loyalist from tigers bay, I didn't know that. Anyway it's doing him a disservice to go down this rabbit hole...

He’s from the bay not a loyalist Christine is from Bawnmore. Anyway good career Carl.

Warrington Points
    You can be irish and British my man...good Friday agreement! Seriously though have alway had major respect for guys like Frampton that could sit in the middle of the fence and keep the politics out of sport...and I say that as someone with strong republican tendencies

Exactly. I don’t care what he is. For me he’s a uniting figure, an ambassador, a man to bring communities together...

Yes, in his case he can be both. That is the kind of person he is..

Exactly. I don’t care what he is. For me he’s a uniting figure, an ambassador, a man to bring communities together...

Yes, in his case he can be both. That is the kind of person he is..

100% all the more commendable coming fron such a divisive ares. A boxing legend for the island of Ireland. Up there with Barry, Wayne and the rest

Warrington Points
    I wouldn’t be surprised, should Carl fight again, that he doesn’t target MC?

He must realize that he’s on the slide, not elite and will regress more..

Huge seller that...

100% all the more commendable coming fron such a divisive ares. A boxing legend for the island of Ireland. Up there with Barry, Wayne and the rest

As a Nordie I can tell you that Carl and Wayne are some of the most unifying figures in our community.
    PaddyB and Michael Conlon at times should tone it down a bit as they do nothing to unite the two communities.

Dave Boy McCauley was another great man.

Warrington Points
    As a Nordie I can tell you that Carl and Wayne are some of the most unifying figures in our community.
    PaddyB and Michael Conlon at times should tone it down a bit as they do nothing to unite the two communities.

I find it very difficult to warm to Barnes and Conlan...can’t put my finger on it..

Wayne, Carl, Dave, Barry.....there’s a warmth from them..

• Advertisement

Interesting to hear fron the horses mouth so to speak. Thand for the insight. And yeah...Barnes and Conlon aren't exactly low key a lot of the time

Advertisement