Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phishing text

Options
  • 17-12-2018 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭

Just a text from from 84005 advising me that my account has been locked and to unlock by entering my user ID, Pin No and last 4 digits of my Phone number, the page all looks very legit. My account isn’t locked just logged on through official website. May be advisable to warn other customers through your web sites or social media.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭amber2

Screenshot of text and page I am taken to when I click on Link.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Trompette

I confirm, I got the same text few minutes ago.
    My official account is not blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭Tow

I wonder how much the switch from using .ie to .com domains has cost BOI in refunds etc over the years?

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Just received another txt to say my card has been blocked and to log on for unlocking procedures.....they are persistent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi there amber2,

Thanks for raising this with us here today.

We are aware that these fraudulent texts are going out to our customers.

Our security team is currently investigating this and we are doing out best to keep our customers informed.

We have various threads here on Boards and we issue regular tweets advising our customers of this.

We have more information for keeping your account safe on our website here.

Thanks,

Lorna

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,062 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I was about to start a thread on this very issue myself. Three texts in less that 24 hours from 84005 & 80080

Obviously no one should ever follow links from these texts & emails. They will lead to sites that look very real.

Just received two texts from +353 (87) 924 0779 and +353 (86) 180 1444 stating my account has been suspended and to follow the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,062 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

amber2 wrote: »
    Just received two texts from +353 (87) 924 0779 and +353 (86) 180 1444 stating my account has been suspended and to follow the link.
    I got the same today from 0861801466 they are linking to onlinedebit365. com

When I saw they wanted my full six digit pin I knew it had to be fake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

amber2 wrote: »

Hi amber2,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us here on Boards.

I can confirm we are aware of theses fraudulent texts that people are receiving today and that they are currently being investigated by our security team. Please do not respond to these texts, just delete and disregard.

Thank you again for being so vigilant.

John

Advertisement