Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to get a house alarm

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭thevinylword

Sorry, I never came back to answer a poster's queries - bit busy with college!

Couldn't fault TK at all, extremely helpful to deal with - we were getting to grips with the new alarm and had queries regarding settings etc. for e.g. when the perimeter alarm is set if you open the back door by accident the interior alarm goes off (tis loud enough to sound like it's the full alarm!) and you've 30 secs to unset. We thought it was the full alarm.

We didn't know why it was happening but he explained over the phone and checked our logs etc. This was well after hours too, he insisted I ring him back when I got home late in the evening because he wanted to make sure everything was okay, so he took a call at 10pm no bother to go through the settings etc.

Really lovely guys to deal with and extremely helpful. Price was cheaper than others we quoted too which was a bonus. Workmanship and quality were spot on, it's real piece of mind to have it in the house now. We don't have much in the house worth robbing but I've music gear that I need to keep safe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Feale have an offer for €99. Very interesting. Would have gone with T&K and they're basic alarm and fitting is €450 before you add stuff so a big difference there.

Moving soon and house is wired for an alarm but not fitted. T&K did a really neat job on my current house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

have a phonewatch alarm fitted however we've decided not to renew, do T&K provide monitoring? Feale are advertising that their monitored service is half the cost of Phonewatch. Must give them both a call going off the reviews on here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Is there a monthly charge with T&K?
    Berty wrote: »
    Feale have an offer for €99. Very interesting. Would have gone with T&K and they're basic alarm and fitting is €450 before you add stuff so a big difference there.

Moving soon and house is wired for an alarm but not fitted. T&K did a really neat job on my current house.

Didn't go monitored so don't know.

• Advertisement

So do you get sms on your phone if alarm is on?
    Didn't go monitored so don't know.

So do you get sms on your phone if alarm is on?

No but they have a €250 add on for it as I enquired recently about my new house.

Thanks a mill
    No but they have a €250 add on for it as I enquired recently about my new house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭thevinylword

A couple of hours after I posted last night I got chatting with the neighbour who's house was broken into - he's friendly with some guards in Roxboro. By all accounts they raided a house suspected of carrying out burglaries across Limerick and found a load of stolen gear.

What's more, while there they found a list of houses in loads of estates across Limerick who DON'T have burglar alarms.

What about dummy alarm boxes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Any idea of which houses these are? Asking for a friend

So Feale is €99 plus €35 a month for 3 years. No option around it. So €1,359 before you can leave a contract.

It is monitored though.

Yea 1360 is high for me for 3 years.

Anyone got an idea how much unmonitored house alarm going to cost for a semi detached home?

Seen few options on amazon in the range of 500 euro shows live view also. But not sure if it's worth it. And I wonder if they work for atleast 10 years.
    So Feale is €99 plus €35 a month for 3 years. No option around it. So €1,359 before you can leave a contract.

It is monitored though.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭dorito92

We signed up with feale this time last year it was €300 for the installation and €25 per month after that for monitoring. no contract

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭dorito92

We signed up with feale this time last year it was €300 for the installation and €25 per month after that for monitoring. no contract

Advertisement