Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a Mouse problem

Options
  • 17-12-2018 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭

Im a casual gamer.

I play league of legends

For some reason when the action on the game gets heated my mouse glitches like crazy. slows down. becomes slow to respond etc

i have a touchpad and that works absolutely perfectly at these same times. So I know its not the internet connection (which is very fast)

ive a new battery and new mousepad.

the mouse itself is wireless. Logitech m170...

Any suggestions on what I can do? Or would buying a new non-wireless mouse fix the problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Can you not just borrow a spare wired mouse to test before spending the money ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Could try Rob one from work i suppose.

Any ideas what's the issue !?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭blackbox

Could try Rob one from work i suppose.

Any ideas what's the issue !?

I had a similar issue with an older computer. The problem was not the mouse. The problem was that the computer was too busy to respond to the mouse movement.

Your computer performance may not be adequate for the game.

Thats what I thought.

But then how does that explain the touchpad responses being perfect??

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I had the same issue, usually when downloading a good bit over wifi and/or system under pressure. You will not have the same issue with a wired mouse, but I never which one of the two was the actual cause, only that it went back to normal when I stopped whatever torrent/stream I was watching.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Thats what I thought.

But then how does that explain the touchpad responses being perfect??

Mice and keyboards use hardware interrupts to "grab" the CPUs attention. If the driver for your mouse isnt doing this its request to the CPU gets queued with all the other jobs rather than skipping straight to the front.

Thanks. Will try get my hands on a wired mouse. Cheers

Advertisement