Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book ideas for 7 year old boy

Options
  • 17-12-2018 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for some book ideas for a 7yo boy. I've no preference for subject, but I thought I'd get him something with an Irish slant.

I can't think of anything suitable. Failing that what do 7yo boys read (he is a keen reader)?

All suggestions appreciated at this late stage!!!!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭patspost

Diary of a wimpy kid books might be suiteable. Not Irish though.
    A decent book shop should help you. Is kid into Minecraft? If yes there are plenty of books on the subject.

Artemis Fowl books by Darren Shan are good, but maybe a little young for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

You talking novels?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

I'm open to all suggestions! Novels or a book of short stories.

Don't think he is into minecraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Irelandopedia and Historopedia by Fatti Burke are great books if he's into history.

And with Irish slant !!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Just getting back re: Artemis Fowl. You have a 2 for 1 in that suggestion. They’re good, but not by Darren Shan, Separately anything by Darren Shan would be worth a look. Also maybe skullduggery pleasant

Also, graphic novels- the Olympians by George O’Connor are excellent if he’s into Myths.

• Advertisement

Went down into a bookshop today and could not see anything that stood out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Astrosaurs is a great series

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

I seen the astrosaurs book and I thought it was complex for a 7yo - but then I can't remember my reading level at that age!

I did see an Enid Blyton book - The Wishing Chair Collection. Apparently it is aimed at 7 - 9yo's. What about that as a choice?

Advertisement