Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boat aground at Rinville Point

Options
  • 17-12-2018 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Just thought I would post this here as this poor boat may have come from the city side of the bay.

There is a boat run aground at Rinville Point since at least Friday. Just wondering if anyone is looking for it.

I was told by 2 people on Friday that they had phoned the authorities. I was at the point this morning and thought it had been moved over the weekend as I could not spot it at first. Unfortunately she has sunk.

I hope images attached can be opened.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

muskyj wrote: »
    Just thought I would post this here as this poor boat may have come from the city side of the bay.

There is a boat run aground at Rinville Point since at least Friday. Just wondering if anyone is looking for it.

I was told by 2 people on Friday that they had phoned the authorities. I was at the point this morning and thought it had been moved over the weekend as I could not spot it at first. Unfortunately she has sunk.

I hope images attached can be opened.

Has it actually sunk or are those pics just taken at low and high tide?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Gary Owen

In the second picture you can only see the mast .
    The rest of the boat is under water

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Prob better posting in the county forum, more city folk around this part

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Gary Owen wrote: »
    In the second picture you can only see the mast .
    The rest of the boat is under water

Yes, and that pic could have been taken at high tide ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭muskyj

Zzippy wrote: »
    Has it actually sunk or are those pics just taken at low and high tide?

definitely a difference in water level alright. If you mean that it was only so visible on Friday due to low tide you could be right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭muskyj

Prob better posting in the county forum, more city folk around this part

Will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thread moved to County with redirect from City

Advertisement