Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Almost every position the left has, is actually just an attack on Christian beliefs?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,724 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

tomofson wrote: »
    Those pride marches should be banned across the planet, the levels of degeneracy you see at an average pride march should not be allowed happen in broad daylight on a busy public street.

You wouldn't even get most of it in a hardcore fetish club.

You have a lot of experience of these clubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

You have a lot of experience of these clubs?

No, I would have all them banned too, I am just guessing they have more morals than to sexualize young children. As bad as they are.

No, I would have all them banned too, I am just guessing they have more morals than to sexualize young children. As bad as they are.

So your statement of fact is based solely on your dislike of what consenting adults do in private?

Why would you ban fetish clubs? How do they affect you and your day to day life?

So your statement of fact is based solely on your dislike of what consenting adults do in private?

Why would you ban fetish clubs? How do they affect you and your day to day life?

So I shouldn't care if adults are molesting and raping children as long as they do it in private?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,652 ✭✭✭MFPM

Those pride marches should be banned across the planet, the levels of degeneracy you see at an average pride march should not be allowed happen in broad daylight on a busy public street.

You wouldn't even get most of it in a hardcore fetish club.

You want the right of people to peacefully assemble be denied because you find some behaviour by some people inappropriate to your personal sensitivities?

• Advertisement

So I shouldn't care if adults are molesting and raping children as long as they do it in private?

Where did i state that? I asked why you would ban fetish clubs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

Sargon of Akkad on Brett Kavanagh and on how the Left tried to destroy this man because of his Christian conservative beliefs

https://youtu.be/fS_9LxsFAMg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Not only do I think Desmond is being drugged, I think the members of this audience look like they are hopped out of their very tiny minds too. The inane smiling and whooping at a poor child, sexualised and pimped out by his parents. The child looks anaemic, underfed, rickety, and high. This is Desmond's very recent appearance on the most watched morning show across the USA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxdvOLdG_34&t=4s

(cannot get it to embed)

Where did i state that? I asked why you would ban fetish clubs?

Because public displays of degeneracy should not be tolerated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

MFPM wrote: »
    You want the right of people to peacefully assemble be denied because you find some behaviour by some people inappropriate to your personal sensitivities?

To be fair I do think a lot more arrests should me made at pride parades. I've seen public nudity that children could also see and people performing sex acts in public all within 20 meters of gardaí who didn't give a ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

but why do you believe your standard of what is degenerate should be the prevailing one?
    You think it's degenerate, others don't.

but why do you believe your standard of what is degenerate should be the prevailing one?

Others think peadophilia is acceptable, does that mean we should accept it?

You have to draw the line somewhere, if any of you have children you will agree with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Why can you not tell us what the video says? Even the salient points. You have watched it i assume?

That's what I did. I gave you a breakdown of the video in one sentence.
    I wasn't just making a statement of my own beliefs.

A fetish club would be private so there isnt any "public displays".

Will you be in Temple bar at the weekend admonishing people for public displays of lewd behaviour?

A fetish club would be private so there isnt any "public displays".

Will you be in Temple bar at the weekend admonishing people for public displays of lewd behaviour?

I am assuming you dont have children.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Try_harder wrote: »
    What sexualised fashion?
    DuEMX6IUUAACHHO.jpg
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DuEMX6IUUAACHHO.jpg

Accepting tips in Club Whoa at 11 years old

So a child tarted up in blond wig, eyelashes and lippy in a tank top dancing around on a stage taking tips from a room full of adults isn't sexualised? Are you for bloody real?
    Degenerate. See above.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

I am assuming you dont have children.

I have 5 children so you assume wrong.

I have 5 children so you assume wrong.

And you would want your children to attend pride marches and fetish clubs when they are older?

You also have a pro homosexual cartoon character as your avatar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

And you would want your children to attend pride marches and fetish clubs when they are older?

when they are older they can do what they like.

You have to draw the line somewhere, if any of you have children you will agree with me.

There's a big difference between paedophilia ie. intercourse with a child who is incapable of consenting and a fetish club where consenting adults do whatever consenting adults do at a fetish club. You said fetish clubs were degenerate and should be banned. I ask why?

As for having children, people are capable of having kids and seeing the difference between what an adult does to a child and what two adults agree to do together, having kids doesn't preclude one from logic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭xckjoo

You know that pedophiles and homosexuals aren't the same thing right? Nor does one lead to the other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭uptherebels

Your confusing something that is illegal with something that is not.
    A private club where grown adults dress up as furry animals and roll around on each other is not the same as a private club of padeos involving children.
    This is the same regardless of whether someone has kids or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

You are on the button with who is responsible, but you need to understand there are sacred cows in which you are not allowed to criticize under any circumstances ever.

Thats all I will say about that, people will refuse to admit they control america even when they openly admit and boast about controlling america on national television, thats all on that subject.

Will not be responding any further to this as it is a very dangerous topic, PM if you want.

So you're compounding your racism now with a load of anti-Semitism to boot? Nice one. Why has there been such a migration of this sort of nonsense into boards recently?

I think people go mad on the internet.

when they are older they can do what they like.

I asked him what his preference would be though, I didn't say his children cant do what they like when are older.

Would he like it if his children were to attend pride marches and fetish clubs when are old enough.

Lets see his response.

4 of my children are in their 20's, one of them is gay and goes to pride every year. One of my daughters goes to gay bars regularly with her friends.

I havent a clue what my avatar is, please enlighten me as to what you mean by "pro homosexual"?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I've no problem with fetish clubs and the like. It;s not my bag, but from my dealings with fetish folks down the years they are extremely bound up in the notion of and respect of consent. It's a major tenet of the scene and anyone who even pushes it slightly is out on their arse. They've more awareness of consent than the average non fetish person. Bringing a fetish scene type to a consent class would be like taking coals to Newcastle.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

xckjoo wrote: »
    You know that pedophiles and homosexuals aren't the same thing right? Nor does one lead to the other

There is a much stronger overlap than in the heterosexual community. The amount of gay men that have engaged in illegal activities with minors is well and above that of the rest of society. It should be obvious looking at the news over the past few years.

Your confusing something that is illegal with something that is not.
    A private club where grown adults dress up as furry animals and roll around on each other is not the same as a private club of padeos involving children.
    This is the same regardless of whether someone has kids or not.

And you dont see something wrong with grown adults getting sexual thrills out of dressing up as giant teddy bears, pedophilia all over that one.

Wibbs wrote: »
    So a child tarted up in blond wig, eyelashes and lippy in a tank top dancing around on a stage taking tips from a room full of adults isn't sexualised? Are you for bloody real?

Degenerate. See above.

TBF I asked why society should view fetish clubs as degenerate just because tomofson does, I wasn't talking about Desmond, who BTW I don't think is a degenerate, there's nothing wrong with Desmond, the problem is his parents and the adults around him

• Advertisement

DS86DS wrote: »
    There is a much stronger overlap than in the heterosexual community. The amount of gay men that have engaged in illegal activities with minors is well and above that of the rest of society. It should be obvious looking at the news over the past few years.

Would love to see your research/proof for this scandalous claim.

4 of my children are in their 20's, one of them is gay and goes to pride every year. One of my daughters goes to gay bars regularly with her friends.

I havent a clue what my avatar is, please enlighten me as to what you mean by "pro homosexual"?

Is it your preference that they live that kind of lifestyle?

And your avatar looks to be the teacher from south park, a gay extremely perverted man left in charge of young children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

There's always going to be outliers on either end of the scale. The left has the kid dancing on the stage, the right has Christians kids with "god hates fags" signs outside funerals. You can either accept that there'll always be outliers, or start bring in laws to restrict peoples freedoms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭xckjoo

DS86DS wrote: »

Can you give me even the slightest bit of evidence to back that up apart from "it should be obvious"?

And your avatar looks to be the teacher from south park, a gay extremely perverted man left in charge of young children.

why would anybody who isn't homophobic care?

why would anybody who isn't homophobic care?

Well its not your children so obviously you dont care, I asked him now I am curious to see an answer.

• Advertisement

It's my preference that they are happy, that is the be all and end all for me. Do you have children?

So this upsets you? Maybe don't watch southpark so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

TBF I asked why society should view fetish clubs as degenerate just because tomofson does, I wasn't talking about Desmond, who BTW I don't think is a degenerate, there's nothing wrong with Desmond, the problem is his parents and the adults around him

There is something wrong with Desmond. He is not degenerate but he is an abused child. He is not in a good situation.

I don't know how fetish clubs for adults got involved in the conversation given that they are irrelevant. Oh, hang on, now I remember. It was deflection.

I wasn't talking about Desmond, who BTW I don't think is a degenerate, there's nothing wrong with Desmond, the problem is his parents and the adults around him
    Oh I don't think the boy is a degenerate at all. Poor little bugger seems to be surrounded by them though. Another thing wrong with this picture is how supportive quite a few seem to be to the point where he's been paraded on daytime media as somehow "empowering". That's bloody disturbing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Preference - such a loaded word.

First they came for the immigrants
    Then the homosexuals
    Then the feminists
    Then the atheists

that kind of lifestyle? the kind where they are free to be themselves and are happy, I can't imagine a parent who wants anything but that for their kids

• Advertisement

You do know that's satire? My avatar is of a drunk foul mouthed pervert and I'm not... oh wait... crap.

that kind of lifestyle? the kind where they are free to be themselves and are happy, I can't imagine a parent who wants anything but that for their kids

STD's are rife in the homosexual and fetish scenes.

You do know that's satire?

Its pro gay agenda damn it!

Personal experience?

STDs are rife amongst heterosexuals and have made big comeback in recent years.

You do know that's satire? My avatar is of a drunk foul mouthed pervert and I'm not... oh wait... crap.

It would promote itself as satire, but its really making light of perversion around children.

Zorya wrote: »
    There is something wrong with Desmond. He is not degenerate but he is an abused child. He is not in a good situation.

I don't know how fetish clubs for adults got involved in the conversation given that they are irrelevant. Oh, hang on, now I remember. It was deflection.

yeah but not deflection on my part, tomofson is the one who likened them to paedophile rings and called for them to be shut down on the grounds of decency

Try_harder wrote: »
    Preference - such a loaded word.

First they came for the immigrants
    Then the homosexuals
    Then the feminists
    Then the atheists
    So you still think that kid in that getup in a club is fine, or are you avoiding the question?

STDs are rife amongst heterosexuals and have made big comeback in recent years.

This is why heterosexuals (and homosexuals) need to take a strong stance against things like fetish clubs, you cannot have rid of STD's and promote those places at the same time, the world doesn't work like that.

It would promote itself as satire, but its really making light of perversion around children.

those bloody perverted gays, eh? they should just go back in the closet where they belong and listen to Judy Garland.

• Advertisement
Advertisement