Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DCC - The Heavenly Staircase

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    The orb shatters and the health potion falls to the ground undamaged.

Thonrat cautiously attempts to enter the room again, one foot crossing the threshold.

OOC: If he can reach his club he'll throw it at the orb with the ring next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Banjo wrote: »
    "lad, give us the sword!"
    Farris runs back downstairs and tries to carve a few chunks off the warriors to feed to the insectoids
    sKeith wrote:
    Templeton enters the blue door.
    The Archonoids begin to rush Templeton, but stop suddenly on smelling warrior meat coming up the stairs. They dig into the pieces offered to them.

Pushing into the blue door Templeton finds himself in a corridor. On the side facing him are three red filament doors with prisoners behind them. A dwarf, a woman from Bandyton by her clothing and an old sickly elf.

Necro wrote: »
    Thonrat cautiously attempts to enter the room again, one foot crossing the threshold.

OOC: If he can reach his club he'll throw it at the orb with the ring next.
    Proceeding in this fashion Thonrat obtains all the items in the room in quick order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

The Archonoids begin to rush Templeton, but stop suddenly on smelling warrior meat coming up the stairs. They dig into the pieces offered to them.

Pushing into the blue door Templeton finds himself in a corridor. On the side facing him are three red filament doors with prisoners behind them. A dwarf, a woman from Bandyton by her clothing and an old sickly elf.

"Hello folks, what you doing in here?"

Thonrat examines the scrolls, pockets the potion and brings the ring in search of Aelindril

Thonrat examines the scrolls, pockets the potion and brings the ring in search of Aelindril
    Thonrat can actually make out the spell on the scroll due to his familiarity with the language of Bandyton, it seems to be for a projectile of eldritch energy. The spell is expressed in a form of gestures and incantations to copy and the energy to power it is loaded into the scroll giving it a glow, so he can attempt to cast it. Of course as the spell is standard and the gestures not modified to suit the situation, it cannot reach the power of a Wizard's spell.

He joins Aelindril in the South room quick enough.

sKeith wrote: »
    "Hello folks, what you doing in here?"
    The elf merely coughs loudly.

The dwarf rages. "I'm ere to give these bloody moon bastards a taste o' me axe, for burnin' me jewels. Those bleedin' metal men of theirs melted down me clan forge. A tale of revenge I tell ye, a mighty one at that. Pity I never finished me trainin'

The woman seethes.

"I was here to remove the gem, but I was captured. My sword was taken from me, I must claim it and slay the shaman who resides here for the sake of Bandyton"

Thonrat can actually make out the spell on the scroll due to his familiarity with the language of Bandyton, it seems to be for a projectile of eldritch energy. The spell is expressed in a form of gestures and incantations to copy and the energy to power it is loaded into the scroll giving it a glow, so he can attempt to cast it. Of course as the spell is standard and the gestures not modified to suit the situation, it cannot reach the power of a Wizard's spell.

He joins Aelindril in the South room quick enough.

Aelindril sees the scroll and ring in Thonrat's hands, and snatches them from him. He puts the scroll in his pack and considers putting the ring on, but deigns against it for now.

'More treasure, aren't you a good grunt! I suppose we should go and find that troublesome brother of yours. Lead on!'

They make for where the others went, East passage, up the stairs... checking for danger along the way.

The elf merely coughs loudly.

The dwarf rages. "I'm ere to give these bloody moon bastards a taste o' me axe, for burnin' me jewels. Those bleedin' metal men of theirs melted down me clan forge. A tale of revenge I tell ye, a mighty one at that. Pity I never finished me trainin'

The woman seethes.

"I was here to remove the gem, but I was captured. My sword was taken from me, I must claim it and slay the shaman who resides here for the sake of Bandyton"

"Then what are you doing stuck in these cages?"
    Templeton looks for a way to open the cells.

They make for where the others went, East passage, up the stairs... checking for danger along the way.
    No problems and they arrive where the others are. They can see Templeton through the nearby blue door, as well as the three doors with red energy across the way.

• Advertisement

The Archonoids are about halfway through the meat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Farris passes a remaining warrior fillet through the filiment to see what happens, minding his fingers of course.

Quentanaa helps Ristan to drag up Artur's corpse for desert

"Then what are you doing stuck in these cages?"
    Templeton looks for a way to open the cells.
    He notices a red gem above each door. The energy field flows out of them.

Templeton whacks the red gems with his staff, the dwarfs, the womans and the elfs in that order.

OOC: Assuming this is one of the cells with red energy
    Farris passes a remaining warrior fillet through the filiment to see what happens, minding his fingers of course.
    The meat lands on the other side of the dwarf's cell, cooked through.

"Thank ye lad!" he exclaims, tucking in.

No problems and they arrive where the others are. They can see Templeton through the nearby blue door, as well as the three doors with red energy across the way.

Meeting with Thondar, they cautiously make their way halway to the red energy door.

Thonrat grunts, and points at Aelindril's pack.

'What, what is it? The scroll? Oh, here then - I can't read that dwarvish muck.'

Thonrat begans to make the hand gestures and blasts at the red energy.

Quentanaa helps Ristan to drag up Artur's corpse for desert
    The Archonoids are ecstatic, it'll take them a while to get through this.

Templeton whacks the red gems with his staff, the dwarfs, the womans and the elfs in that order.
    The gems crack and the energy fields shut off.

The dwarf rushes out.

"I'll tear out those pricks throats, I'm following ye lads, the name is Gholduzin!" he shouts tearing off his shirt to reveal a ripped torso with a few odd scars.

"And I am Corsiana!" the woman yells "I shall claim my sword once more!" she says tearing off her prison robes to reveal a fur bikini beneath.

OOC: Gholduzin now part of sKeith's group. Corsiana an NPC until she gets her sword

Meeting with Thondar, they cautiously make their way halway to the red energy door.

Thonrat grunts, and points at Aelindril's pack.

'What, what is it? The scroll? Oh, here then - I can't read that dwarvish muck.'

Thonrat begans to make the hand gestures and blasts at the red energy.
    OOC: Which one of the Three? Let, Middle or Right? And then d10 on rolz

• Advertisement

OOC: Which one of the Three? Let, Middle or Right? And then d10 on rolz

OOC: Middle, and 4 :(

Templeton checks on the old elf. "do you need assistance or would you prefer to remain here sir?"

Templeton checks on the old elf. "do you need assistance or would you prefer to remain here sir?"
    "The wall boy...get one of my kind"

Templeton asks Zack to find the elf from earlier and explain one of his kind is asking for him.

Zack goes in search of the mansion owner.

OOC: Middle, and 4 :(
    The spell blasts forward out of the scroll and shatters the energy field on the red door.

Within is a large tank of pure Banduin sand, within which swims one of their huge electro-sharks. Steel rending jaws and a powerful electric current stored in their fin. They've been deployed in the Zassanian desert, the bane of both Zassan and Othegratia.

The missle of eldritch energy has cracked the tank and the sands spill out into the room, the shark rages...

OOC: Rolz all

Templeton asks Zack to find the elf from earlier and explain one of his kind is asking for him.

Zack goes in search of the mansion owner.

Aelindril looks around and sees the book-keeper and half salutes.

• Advertisement

Aelindril looks around and sees the book-keeper and half salutes.
    Zack, says, "An old elf is asking for one of his kind, will you assist?"
    lead him back to the prision if he wishes

Templeton looks the wall over.

Ristan pets of of the arachnids as it feasts on Artur. Quentanaa enters the cell block and harrumphs. Pip and Farris stars around near her looking nervously at the diminishing pile of meat outside.

Quentanaa enters the cell block and harrumphs.
    She recognises the old elf as a learned one from his blue gown with stars, he looks ill to her, the slowing is upon him (OOC: A learned one is basically a very old elf with decent magical knowledge, the slowing is an elf voluntarily becoming incorporeal to leave this life).

The shark dives straight at Zack and his jaws crush him in one go, the sand died with blood. He swims round the now sand covered room, eating a few Archonoids, before discharging an electric current that fries Thondar. His body falls over burnt black.

Gholduzin swings his club as the shark comes by, but with too much force and comes off his feet, smashing his head on the ground (OOC: 1HP lost). Irwin and Templeton make a few blows as it swims past them.

However Thonrat stares in silence, turns as the shark comes toward him. It leaps, yet still he stares.

As the belly of the beast flies over him he says...

• Advertisement

The shark dives straight at Zack and his jaws crush him in one go, the sand died with blood. He swims round the now sand covered room, eating a few Archonoids, before discharging an electric current that fries Thondar. His body falls over burnt black.

Gholduzin swings his club as the shark comes by, but with too much force and comes off his feet, smashing his head on the ground (OOC: 1HP lost). Irwin and Templeton make a few blows as it swims past them.

However Thonrat stares in silence, turns as the shark comes toward him. It leaps, yet still he stares.

As the belly of the beast flies over him he says...

*Unintelligible roaring Grunt*

'GRARARARARARARARARARARARARA!'

The shark had lept at the last minute, terrified by the intensity of his stare, the roar as it sails overhead makes it miss the bite on the way down and his dagger cuts through its back, severing enough blood vessels to kill it instantly.

Templeton looks the wall over.
    Returning from the shark fight, he can't see anything unusual.

OOC: Holding there for Banjo

The shark had lept at the last minute, terrified by the intensity of his stare, the roar as it sails overhead makes it miss the bite on the way down and his dagger cuts through its back, severing enough blood vessels to kill it instantly.

Thonrat goes to the corpse and cuts it open from bow to stern, looking for any loot it may have swallowed previously. He grunts softly in memory of his brother.

Aelindril sniffs.

'This elf, where is he?'

She recognises the old elf as a learned one from his blue gown with stars, he looks ill to her, the slowing is upon him (OOC: A learned one is basically a very old elf with decent magical knowledge, the slowing is an elf voluntarily becoming incorporeal to leave this life).

Quentanaa sniffs and wrinkles her nose involuntarily. "Not long to go asto'dhel. Far better to complete your circle out here than in the corner of that cell. There is no breeze here to carry your dust. I shall summon the moron, he can be your legs till we find you somewhere with a sky. RISTAN!"

Ristan is over by the Electroshark, watching Thonrat cut it open and trying to impress Pip. "You know, I'll bet that if we cut off the fin and look for the main organ connected to it, we could harness the power of the shark. Maybe for combat, maybe just to light up a room - why, one day, we could be riding around in carts pulled not by horses but by the shark fins themselves! I know, I know - sounds crazy to you city folk, but I'm of the forest. My nerves jangle with the wind through her branches, my heart beats to the thrum of the hunt - this stuff is my cake and jam. I'll teach you - Start cutting like so....." He points to an area at the base of the shark's fin with his staff for Pip to cut into.

Farris stands back.

He points to an area at the base of the shark's fin with his staff for Pip to cut into.

Farris stands back.
    Pip cuts off the fin without much trouble.

Thonrat goes to the corpse and cuts it open from bow to stern, looking for any loot it may have swallowed previously. He grunts softly in memory of his brother.

Aelindril sniffs.

'This elf, where is he?'
    OOC: I'll say Zack managed to tell you before he got bitten in half

Aelrindel enters the room with the elves conversing.

'Oh - look at you. So pitiful. The slowing has begin I see... what a waste of time.'

Aelrindel enters the room with the elves conversing.

'Oh - look at you. So pitiful. The slowing has begin I see... what a waste of time.'
    "You young little prick..." the elder elf coughs.

"The room, somewhere...*cough*....a passage"

• Advertisement

"You young little prick..." the elder elf coughs.

"The room, somewhere...*cough*....a passage"

'This room? Where - spit it out... not literally though - these are bearskin moccasins.'

He shuffles back a few steps.

Quentanaa suddenly notices that one brick in the wall just looks wrong aesthetically, it's placed correctly, the same colour, but its surface seems too smooth.

Templeton looks around the elfs cell, "why would they lock an old elf in a cell with a secret passage, or has this elf been here so long that he had time to shawshank a tunnel?"

Templeton looks around the elfs cell, "why would they lock an old elf in a cell with a secret passage, or has this elf been here so long that he had time to shawshank a tunnel?"
    "I do not have the strength to escape...the passage leads to an interrogation room...though there is a gift there, from me to the one willing to succeed me"

Aelrindel bellows

'Thonrat - quit mucking around with that fish and get in here!'

Thonrat looks up, grunts and shuffles into the room.

'You...dwarves... know stone, right? Search this room - this sickly excuse for an elf thinks there's a passage. He might be raving with all the sitting around and waiting to die he's doing though.'

Thonrat nods and grunts and searches the room.

Quentanaa suddenly notices that one brick in the wall just looks wrong aesthetically, it's placed correctly, the same colour, but its surface seems too smooth.

"Oaf, press that stone please."
    Ristan obeys

Thonrat nods and grunts and searches the room.
    All the brick here smells the same and the cell has even construction as far as Thonrat can tell.

"Oaf, press that stone please."
    Ristan obeys
    It's tough enough, but Ristan pushes as hard as he can and it clicks in.

Suddenly the back wall shifts to being translucent and immaterial.

All the brick here smells the same and the cell has even construction as far as Thonrat can tell.

Thonrat looks up and shakes his head at Aelrindel.

'Pfft. Nothing. That lunatic is stark raving mad. Good luck...'

He looks at Ristan clicking the brick and clouts Thonrat across the head.

'You dwarven buffoon! Now they will get the treasures before us. I swear, I mean to have a word with whoever runs the auction I bought you at when I get home..'

• Advertisement

Ristan passes his hand through a few times, giggles and walks through. The others follow if he doesn't explode

Advertisement