Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wet interior walls after last night's rain

• 18-12-2018 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

I live in a two story timber frame house and woke up this morning to find damp/wet patches on the internal walls of my sunroom and around the back door...
    Both these areas are south facing where the driving rain was coming from last night.

Could anyone have any idea how the internal walls are wet as there is a 50mm cavity and then the membrane and OSB board? Very worried here
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

j timber wrote: »
    I live in a two story timber frame house and woke up this morning to find damp/wet patches on the internal walls of my sunroom and around the back door...
    Both these areas are south facing where the driving rain was coming from last night.

Could anyone have any idea how the internal walls are wet as there is a 50mm cavity and then the membrane and OSB board? Very worried here
    Thanks in advance

Photos outside and inside might help - something taken from a distance so that the overview can be obtained. Water very often travels so needn't be entering in the direct locality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭tvjunki

Check if your guttering in clear of debris and check if the felt from the roof is falling into the gutter. Sometime the felt can get caught behind the gutter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Sure the soot and water shot all across the sitting room floor from the chimney where I am. Never seen it like that before....

Quite possibly it was Santa on a test run though....

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭dusteeroads

My guess is tat the sun room is an addition which has not included an adequate lean-to flashing http://www.buildmagazine.org.nz/assets/PDF/Build-140-32-Design-Right-Tricky-lean-to-junctions.pdf

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

My guess is tat the sun room is an addition which has not included an adequate lean-to flashing http://www.buildmagazine.org.nz/assets/PDF/Build-140-32-Design-Right-Tricky-lean-to-junctions.pdf

i was just about to post the same...

is the sun room an extension, if so there probably isnt proper internal cavity DPCs

• Advertisement
Advertisement