Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changinf handset

• 18-12-2018 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

My elderly mother is with eMobile/eir.  She has a bog standard Nokia and would like to explore using a smartphone.   I've bought a handset and installed a Launcher suitable for her, but I'm still concerend that she might not be able to use it.  Her current handset has a micro SIM  but the new handset has a nano SIM .  Eir have a package for 20 per month with 30 day contract that may be suitable, however if it doesn't work for her how do i migrate back to the old handset and the micro SIM.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

You can go into an Eir store and they will give a new sim card and port her number onto that card while retaining current service so she can use older phone. This would take a few minutes to complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Barnseire

Thanks for the speedy response.  After the port, the number will be on the new nano SIM.  My issue is if I want to reverse everything, can they remotely (over the telephone) port the number back to the micro sim OR is there an option where I can place the nano SIM into a micro SIM template so it will fit and work in the old phone ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

It is possible to get a template to hold the newer sim, but if you go to store the new sim cards can be separated to get the size suitable for your mothers phone.

This would be be easiest option rather than trying to get a carriage/template unit to hold the current sim card. Generally new sim cards break down into 3 or 3 sizes depending on phone requirements. Your mother would retain current service, call center would most likely ask you to go to store and TBH this is the fastest way to get resolution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Barnseire wrote: »
    My elderly mother is with eMobile/eir.  She has a bog standard Nokia and would like to explore using a smartphone.   I've bought a handset and installed a Launcher suitable for her, but I'm still concerend that she might not be able to use it.  Her current handset has a micro SIM  but the new handset has a nano SIM .  Eir have a package for 20 per month with 30 day contract that may be suitable, however if it doesn't work for her how do i migrate back to the old handset and the micro SIM.
    Thanks.
    Hi Barnseire, 

All of our SIM cards are Dual Sim cards so that the SIM will fit in different sized phones. 

If you get your mother to hold onto the holder that she will get for the new SIM she will be able to put the new SIM into her old phone if she wants to change back. 

Grainne

Advertisement