Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Editing apps apart from iMovie

• 18-12-2018 1:52pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Looking for some advice on a bit of a better video editing app.

I know i could just use FCP on my mac, but a lot of the time i'm using files that are recorded on my phone, or my soon to arrive Osmo Pocket.

Some of the clips i'm using could use a bit of color correction, and iMovie is lacking in that regard.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

FCPX would pretty much serve your needs. Inclusive of colour correction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

It's tricky to use, but incredibly powerful - DaVinci Resolve
    Free too if you don't need higher than 4K output, and stabilisation function.
    I like the ability to speed up / slow down clips - there are a few tutorials on YouTube about specific functions (like colour correction)

Truthfully, I'm trying to justify the cost of FCP X to myself, but each to their own

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Chopper83

eeloe wrote: »
    Looking for some advice on a bit of a better video editing app.

I know i could just use FCP on my mac, but a lot of the time i'm using files that are recorded on my phone, or my soon to arrive Osmo Pocket.

Some of the clips i'm using could use a bit of color correction, and iMovie is lacking in that regard.

I use Da Vinci Resolve but I'm not sure if it's available on the Mac.

I'm also buying an Osmo Pocket, I've toyed with the idea of a GoPro7 Black but the Osmo wins for me due to the apparent better stabilisation and I like how compact it is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Chopper83 wrote: »
    I use Da Vinci Resolve but I'm not sure if it's available on the Mac.

I'm also buying an Osmo Pocket, I've toyed with the idea of a GoPro7 Black but the Osmo wins for me due to the apparent better stabilisation and I like how compact it is!

It's on the Mac too.

That Osmo Pocket looks cool - it wouldn't suit what I shoot but nevertheless nice. I'm sorely tempted instead by one of these types of things: https://www.dji.com/osmo-mobile - have to get enough Youtube subscribers to get advertising to justify ;-)

Advertisement