Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New order for landline / broadband - 4th attempt

• 18-12-2018 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi,

NOTE: I've called 1800 580 500 to try and find out what's going on with my order but I've been on hold for hours.  I don't have time to be on hold forever.

I've been trying without success for several months to organise a landline with broadband to my house which is currently under construction.

The previous 3 attempts have gotten lost in the ether but an eir rep made an order for me on Friday last and finally I have an account.

As the house is under construction, he told me the first step will be for an engineer to visit the site to see if a new pole is needed.

However, today I received an email telling me that my 'home phone installation' is scheduled for Fri 21st.  I've also received a text from Nightline saying that I will have a delivery from eir tomorrow.

I suspect that this is an eir / modem?  I'll have no need for it at present or for someone to install anything at this stage.  What I need is for an engineer to assess the site for a new telephone pole.

Can you assist me with what eir have planned for me this coming Friday, Dec 21st?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi,

NOTE: I've called 1800 580 500 to try and find out what's going on with my order but I've been on hold for hours.  I don't have time to be on hold forever.

I've been trying without success for several months to organise a landline with broadband to my house which is currently under construction.

The previous 3 attempts have gotten lost in the ether but an eir rep made an order for me on Friday last and finally I have an account.

As the house is under construction, he told me the first step will be for an engineer to visit the site to see if a new pole is needed.

However, today I received an email telling me that my 'home phone installation' is scheduled for Fri 21st.  I've also received a text from Nightline saying that I will have a delivery from eir tomorrow.

I suspect that this is an eir / modem?  I'll have no need for it at present or for someone to install anything at this stage.  What I need is for an engineer to assess the site for a new telephone pole.

Can you assist me with what eir have planned for me this coming Friday, Dec 21st?
    Hi voodoochile, 

The appointment assigned for Friday the 21st will be for a technician to call out, he will carry out the site survey and assess the situation. Once this has been done we can then proceed with the next steps. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Advertisement