Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spotlight teeth whitening

• 18-12-2018 10:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Has anyone tried this? I want whiter teeth but dont want to pay €300 to my dentist.
    I saw the Spotlight sets on offer in Boots and I'm tempted.

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭NSAman

Not sure if it is available in Ireland but I use.....snow.... teeth whitening kit... does a pretty good job.

I have tried the strips not great. I have used the gels with the trays overnight which work but cause bad sensitivity. But this little kit does a pretty good job compared to the dentist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Not everyone's teeth are the same, and a very low concentration over the counter whitening system may work well for one person and not for another. Its all depends. In my opinion the over the counter systems for safety reasons are not concentrated enough to see predictable long lasting results, they mostly have a stain removing effect which is not actual whitening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

NSAman wrote: »
    Not sure if it is available in Ireland but I use.....snow.... teeth whitening kit... does a pretty good job.

I have tried the strips not great. I have used the gels with the trays overnight which work but cause bad sensitivity. But this little kit does a pretty good job compared to the dentist.

Did you use the snow kit just as a once off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Doesnt matter what you call this stuff it still doesnt work. Spotlight, britesmile, sungnashers, glowdents, radient pearls...take your pick all a waste of time and money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭NSAman

zweton wrote: »
    Did you use the snow kit just as a once off?

No, been using it on and off. It definitely works. Have had a lot of dental work done over the past few years. With cleaning and polishing at the dentist, a good electric toothbrush and daily water pick, things are definitely are whiter

• Advertisement
Advertisement