Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Secondary VoIP Account on F2000 Router

• 18-12-2018 11:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭

Hi Eir,

I have added a secondary VoIP account to my F2000, via Telephony > VoIP > VoIP Providers > New VoIP Provider, and after this, after assigning a number to the secondary provider, the Line Status says Online Idle - Perfect !!!

Within Telephony > Dial Plan > Routing Prefixes, I have added a prefix and some stuff, but calls will not route out over the secondary provider.

Can you please confirm as to whether the router is locked down in some way under the covers.  Everything looks correct in what I have done.

Can you possibly explain the Telephont > Dial Plan > Digitmap of [X*#ABCD].T  I have never seen ABCD before so I'd be grateful to learn as to what this does or means.

UPDATE:
    I have plugged a physical phone into Port 2 on the router and the call has routed out over my secondary provider. Therefore, I assume that I just need something in the Digitmap to tell the router to use the secondary provider rather than the primary one when maybe a particular series of digits is matched.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

championc wrote: »
    Hi Eir,

I have added a secondary VoIP account to my F2000, via Telephony > VoIP > VoIP Providers > New VoIP Provider, and after this, after assigning a number to the secondary provider, the Line Status says Online Idle - Perfect !!!

Within Telephony > Dial Plan > Routing Prefixes, I have added a prefix and some stuff, but calls will not route out over the secondary provider.

Can you please confirm as to whether the router is locked down in some way under the covers.  Everything looks correct in what I have done.

Can you possibly explain the Telephont > Dial Plan > Digitmap of [X*#ABCD].T  I have never seen ABCD before so I'd be grateful to learn as to what this does or means.

UPDATE:
    I have plugged a physical phone into Port 2 on the router and the call has routed out over my secondary provider.  Therefore, I assume that I just need something in the Digitmap to tell the router to use the secondary provider rather than the primary one when maybe a particular series of digits is matched.

Thanks in advance
    Hi championc, 

The best people to speak with is our support team on 1890 260 260, they will be able to assist you there and advise you on all. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭championc

Can you please confirm an ordinary landline contact number rather than a non-geo number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

championc wrote: »
    Can you please confirm an ordinary landline contact number rather than a non-geo number
    Hi championc,

Unfortunately, that is the only contact number we have for our Technical Support department.

Alternatively, you can speak with a Technical Support agent via webchat by clicking here.

~Kellie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

1800 690 000

Advertisement