Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roaming query

• 18-12-2018 11:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭

Firstly please don’t advise me to phone for advice.. I’ve been in the phone today 3 times and on each occasion cut off. 70 mins wasted! All I need is info.
    Have business unlim sim only. Going to US. I understand that I have 1g roaming US. Is there any way of keeping track of this? I assume I’ll turn phone to airplane mode to avoid calls in or out. Use WiFi and if necessary, turn mobile data on briefly - say for Uber etc? I’m terrified I’ll run up huge bill without knowing!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

xraylady wrote: »
    Firstly please don’t advise me to phone for advice.. I’ve been in the phone today 3 times and on each occasion cut off. 70 mins wasted! All I need is info.
    Have business unlim sim only. Going to US. I understand that I have 1g roaming US. Is there any way of keeping track of this? I assume I’ll turn phone to airplane mode to avoid calls in or out. Use WiFi and if necessary, turn mobile data on briefly - say for Uber etc? I’m terrified I’ll run up huge bill without knowing!
    Hi xraylady, 

Sorry to hear your call got disconnected. My apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you. 

As you are a business customer I would not be able advise on what your allowance is. You will need to contact our business team here

Details of the charges while roaming can be found here

My colleagues in our business care team will be able to go through everything with you. 

Grainne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭xraylady

So, in other words phone the support line. I knew that is whst I would be told. I thought this was an alternative route. I am just asking for general info on a plan which I’m sure you could easily look at. I just need it explained to me...
    Anyway - I will again try and contact eir business support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

xraylady wrote: »
    So, in other words phone the support line. I knew that is whst I would be told. I thought this was an alternative route. I am just asking for general info on a plan which I’m sure you could easily look at. I just need it explained to me...
    Anyway - I will again try and contact eir business support.
    Hi xraylady, 

I do apologise I am unable to assist you here. 

We do not have access to business accounts through social media

Grainne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Having looked into this before at 8.65 € a mb it’s cheaper to get a Vodafone sim. Ready to go they give 200mb for 2.99 a day and when I was in US I got a text warning me about my limit. http://www.vodafone.ie/roaming/rates-by-country/bill-pay/

This is what I did last time even though I’m an eir bill pay customer due to the frankly ridiculous charges for data when roaming. Eir would charge over 160€ a day for the same 200mb above.

Advertisement