Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom-gigabyte-AB350-Gaming 3 Gigabyte AB350-Gaming 3 x 1 with 4k monitor?

Options
  • 19-12-2018 6:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

I have a Custom-gigabyte-AB350-Gaming 3 Gigabyte AB350-Gaming 3 x 1 motherboard and am using it with a AMD Ryzen 1700 48gb DDR4 GTX 1050 2gb.

I got help from people here building this PC, thanks again everyone for their help, its the best computer I've ever had and I will never go back to buying pre made computers again. I'm looking forward to making an even better one when I upgrade. All you guys here are amazing, fair play to yaz, tyvm.

Anyway I'm looking to upgrade my monitor to a 4k but I'm a bit concerned because my motherboard only has 1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2160@24 Hz * Support for HDMI 1.4 version.

I believe I need 60 HZ and a HDMI 2.0 port for a 4k monitor? Or else I will run into a lot of problems? Does the fact that I have an above average graphics card mean that I can get away with this? I'm fairly clueless and trying to learn about this stuff. I thought here would be a good place to ask as I'm sure a lot of you guys will know from building computers.

Any advice or feedback on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

You don't need a motherboard upgrade, your monitor is powered by the GTX 1050 :)

Do you know the manufacturer for your GPU/exact model name?
    Just checked & it looks like all GTX 1050 2Gb have HDMI 2.0b

So you should be able to plug a 4K 60Hz monitor in no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭ZingK

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    You don't need a motherboard upgrade, your monitor is powered by the GTX 1050 :)

Do you know the manufacturer for your GPU/exact model name?
    Just checked & it looks like all GTX 1050 2Gb have HDMI 2.0b

So you should be able to plug a 4K 60Hz monitor in no problem.

I was kind of hoping this was the case but honestly was clueless.

Thanks a mil for your time, much appreciated.

Advertisement