Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSTN VoiP and other UAN's

• 19-12-2018 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

I spent hours on phone and chats trying to order broadband from other providers through eir line.
    Both Digiweb and Vodafone whats other UAN as the one I had is landline not broadband.

After many days I find out that my line needs to be PSTN enabled not Voip service. And there is no Other UANs - 
    Ive got direct number from your support which deals with this things ([font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]1800 303 458 or 19010[/font][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]  [/font]). I did call them and they sait it is done it will ne active in 24h. Just after call I recived email titled "Getmore" with discription of my new services. And next day I recived SMS with new Phone number. Farthermore my UAN does not work anymore is invalid. What is all about?

Im on 30 days notice now after year contract and I did not order anything new.

Today after 30 minutes listening music on the same number ive got answere by lady from mobile departmant and she switch on the music again...... to conect to broadband.

Tell me please how much do I need to pay to Eir to let me live? Or if I not asking to much to enable line with PSTN for other providers. So I still be able to pay line rental to you through them. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

jowkon wrote: »
    I spent hours on phone and chats trying to order broadband from other providers through eir line.
    Both Digiweb and Vodafone whats other UAN as the one I had is landline not broadband.

After many days I find out that my line needs to be PSTN enabled not Voip service. And there is no Other UANs - 
    Ive got direct number from your support which deals with this things ([font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]1800 303 458 or 19010[/font][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]  [/font]). I did call them and they sait it is done it will ne active in 24h. Just after call I recived email titled "Getmore" with discription of my new services. And next day I recived SMS with new Phone number. Farthermore my UAN does not work anymore is invalid. What is all about?

Im on 30 days notice now after year contract and I did not order anything new.

Today after 30 minutes listening music on the same number ive got answere by lady from mobile departmant and she switch on the music again...... to conect to broadband.

Tell me please how much do I need to pay to Eir to let me live? Or if I not asking to much to enable line with PSTN for other providers. So I still be able to pay line rental to you through them. 
    My acc number is 34985660
    Hi jowkon, 

I have responded to your other thread. 

I would strongly advise removing your account number from this post for your own security

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭jowkon

After 2 hours on phone 2 days ago I find out There s a new UAN for my account and PSTN is enabled. 
    Further more my new Uan even works - whats a relief. 
    Two days later (today) I received SMS that my old phone number is active.
    Do I have to call to eir again to ask them what is my current phone number? And wait for transfers to Loyalty team as they only one which can confirm which UAN is assign to my account?

Im desperate i just like to know if my 30 days cancelations still goes well...
     Im going offline

Update 

"[font=SkyTextRegular, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]There is a restriction on your line. You will need to check this with Eir.[/font]"

WHy WHY WHy???? What did I do to you?

PM sent

Please let me know What is My lanaline number or do I have both of them?
    Is my new Uan active or old one? And what are restriction on my line and why?

I my cancelation still in order Id like to get a email confirmation about that, please
    Thank you

PM sent

Please let me know What is My lanaline number or do I have both of them?
    Is my new Uan active or old one? And what are restriction on my line and why?

I my cancelation still in order Id like to get a email confirmation about that, please
    Thank you
    Hi jowkon, 

PM received I will check this information and will get back to your PM

Thanks,
    Grainne

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

If you're having issues porting to another provider, you should contact ComReg. They'll be able to advice you on what to do.

Thank you EdgeCase It looks like I should went there straight away.

I think its worth to go back to public forum from PM I have nothing to hide
    Update: 
    Message I received on PM today:

"In regard to a cancellation, I cannot see a record that this has been noted on your account. Did you receive an email from our cancellation team? 

Grainne"

Im attaching my online account screenshot from 21 Dec and from today 27 Dec where my cancelation is gone.

And my replay:

"Yes I went through cancelation twice. Im experienced Eir user so I expect Eir will mess this up as well I have screenshot of the approved cancelation process. (Screen done on 21)
     I don't care you canceled my cancellation during Christmas. I will not go through this again. Ive got even letter on 24 Dec dated 24 Dec - (amazing post service) 

Your router is packed and ready for shipping so I expected eir will forget to tell me where to ship it. So hopefully you can tell me now or even arrange labile for me. If no thats fine I will pay shipping just tell me where please
    Im waiting for connection from new provider and Im wander how will Eir mess with this? Im ready for your next step"

Update: 

"In regard to a cancellation, I cannot see a record that this has been noted on your account. Did you receive an email from our cancellation team? 

Grainne"

Im attaching my online account screenshot from 21 Dec and from today 27 Dec where my cancelation is gone.

And my replay:

"Yes I went through cancelation twice. Im experienced Eir user so I expect Eir will mess this up as well I have screenshot of the approved cancelation process. (Screen done on 21)
     I don't care you canceled my cancellation during Christmas. I will not go through this again. Ive got even letter on 24 Dec dated 24 Dec - (amazing post service) 

Your router is packed and ready for shipping so I expected eir will forget to tell me where to ship it. So hopefully you can tell me now or even arrange labile for me. If no thats fine I will pay shipping just tell me where please
    Im waiting for connection from new provider and Im wander how will Eir mess with this? Im ready for your next step"

Hi Jowkon, 

Thanks for your reply. 

I can see from your attachments that you have successfully completed the online request to cancel your account. I can only advise the information that I have. 

Details on how to return the device can be found here

Grainne

Have you flagged this with ComReg yet?

Whether your voice services are provided by VoIP or older TDM technology is absolutely irrelevant. They appear to have created an internal bureaucratic nightmare because they link accounts to a phone number that's associated with the older technology only.

If I understand you correctly, they seriously moving your Eir VoIP line to a classic TDM line to make your move possible!?

Even doing that is a total waste of resources. The whole point of moving customers to VoIP is to wind down the classic landline network, which is based on technology that is approaching the end of its service life.

Just make sure they don't then have a problem where the computer says no! You've a new contract as it's a new landline order.

I would definitely keep all emails and paperwork until you're definitely sure that everything has been processed correctly.

Update: 

Grainne"

And my replay:

Hi Jowkon, 

Thanks for your reply. 

I can see from your attachments that you have successfully completed the online request to cancel your account. I can only advise the information that I have. 

Details on how to return the device can be found here

Grainne
    You can see on my attachment but can you see it on your end?

• Advertisement

Details of return from your link tells only what happened if I will not return this
    Could you supply return label please

Details of return from your link tells only what happened if I will not return this
    Hi jowkon, 

If you scroll further down on the link I provided it gives a link to return through nightline. You can find this link here

All you need is your eir account number

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Only if you're using nightline.

All other methods listed require a preprinted label.

OP make sure you take photos of the router and labelled box, just in case it somehow does not log as returned.

Also track it on nightline and keep proof of delivery.

Hi jowkon, 

If you scroll further down on the link I provided it gives a link to return through nightline. You can find this link here

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Not so easy

It says the information is in a letter mailed out to you.

I would assume that happens after you've cancelled. They seem to have you in a queue at the moment, with cancellation pending.

Nightline probably have a database of cancelled accounts where equipment return is pending, rather than just accepting any 8 digit number ...

Who knows? Eir certainly don't.

I wouldn't post back an item unsolicited as it's likely to be lost in the bureaucracy. Label is essential.

Hi jowkon, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Not so easy
    Hi jowkon, 

My apologies this link did not work. 

You can alternatively, return the device to our Freepost Address. 

This address is 
    eir Returns
    Freepost FLK540
    Limerick

Could you take a photo of the package before you return it and also take a copy of the receipt from the post office in case it is needed. 

Grainne

Hi jowkon, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Not so easy
    Hi jowkon, 

This address is 
    eir Returns
    Freepost FLK540
    Limerick

Could you take a photo of the package before you return it and also take a copy of the receipt from the post office in case it is needed. 

Grainne
    thank you

Hi jowkon, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Not so easy
    Hi jowkon, 

This address is 
    eir Returns
    Freepost FLK540
    Limerick

Grainne
    thank you
    No problem jowkon, 

I will monitor your account and will update you as soon as the cancellation request has been actioned

Grainne

@Edgecase I forgot to thank you for your replays and support.Thank you

BTW Saga still going on. 
    In short:
    The success is Ive got service canceled after 30 days on 9 Jan So Happy.
    My last bill issued on 6 Jan (3 days before closing account) was for another mount til 6 Feb :)
    After many misleading information on chat and 1901 that it will be corrected before Direct debit It was not.

I emailed Comreg (Only way to deal with Eir) 

Ive got replay to complain from Eir  saying that I need to pay it wait till next month. Then call to Eir after 7 Feb for refund because "its my money" they said. It cant refund automatically I have to call them.

WELL: I did not need to do it On 7 Feb I received new bill €201 for ECC breaking - which is obviously wrong

Conclusion: If you think something in Eir is unreal awkward, anlogical and cant be worst -you are wrong wait for their next move :)

As I disable to call them anymore...
    I could pay this 201 and even €100 more if I will be sure I will never hear or see this company :)

ATB

@Edgecase I forgot to thank you for your replays and support.Thank you

BTW Saga still going on. 
    In short:
    The success is Ive got service canceled after 30 days on 9 Jan So Happy.
    My last bill issued on 6 Jan (3 days before closing account) was for another mount til 6 Feb :)
    After many misleading information on chat and 1901 that it will be corrected before Direct debit It was not.

I emailed Comreg (Only way to deal with Eir) 

Ive got replay to complain from Eir  saying that I need to pay it wait till next month. Then call to Eir after 7 Feb for refund because "its my money" they said. It cant refund automatically I have to call them.

WELL: I did not need to do it On 7 Feb I received new bill €201 for ECC breaking - which is obviously wrong

Conclusion: If you think something in Eir is unreal awkward, anlogical and cant be worst -you are wrong wait for their next move :)

As I disable to call them anymore...
    I could pay this 201 and even €100 more if I will be sure I will never hear or see this company :)

ATB
    Hi jowkon, 

I have taken a look at your account and the cancellation charge was applied in error. This charge was removed from your account and will not be charged to your bank. 

Our apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Grainne

• Advertisement

Oh yes charge was cancelled and can you see there how that was achieved??
    Comreg was involved!  And its not solved yet till next month. So yeah more opportunities for another "error".... Shell we see

The numbers When I ask for the refund from overcharged last bill I was told to call next mont, yes next month. And I had to call you You could not refund this automatically. The both numbers Ive got for next month (direct refund team) were to eir mobile - obviously I should expect that. 

1901 does not work without account number. There are no ways to contact you. 

Very clever!!

If you ever will look for new name to start fresh I have name for you

Error-com.ie or actually Errors is more adequate.

Advertisement