Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lufthansa delayed flight

Options
  • 19-12-2018 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭

Hi I was booked with lufthansa for flight from hannover to munich and then to dublin. Flight was approx 2pm but was delayed for technical reason or something as it was sitting at the end of the ramp about to be boarded when they announced any interconnecting passengers to rebook there flight.
    The lufthansa lady done her best to rebook me but could not get me to dublin until the next day. And offered to fly me to amsterdam then hotel then dublin next day (i needed to be home that night). She asked me to check for flights myself and i found a few aer lingus options. The handiest being dusseldorf to dublin (€360). She wasnt allowed to book it as they have no agreement with aer lingus. She even rang her superiors for me. So she said i would have to pay myself and claim back from airline. She also said normally she could of helped me with the train ticket to get from hannover to dusseldorf (€70) but there was some reason stopping her doing this. But she said to keep all tickets so I could claim back.

I have submitted a claim but lufthansa reply is that they cannot reimburse my tickets i bought but will look at reimbursing my unused (lufthansa) tickets i paid.

So what next. how do I escalate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

<SNIP>

This happened me with easyJet and they refunded me the EZ ticket plus the cost of the new flight I booked myself with Lufthansa, the hotel I had to book as a result of the delayed flight, the taxis to and from the airport plus food expenses.

If Lufthansa are not playing ball (which they have to under EU261), use a third party like resolver or similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

To escalate, you'll have to complain to the German regulatory body, but seems to me like you have a fair case.

Advertisement