Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir refuses to disconnect previous occupant phone

• 19-12-2018 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭

We moved into a new property and Eir are refusing to disconnect previous occupants phone line.

I have service with Sky and they have been trying to take over the line which Eir are not releasing

As a result we have no broadband.

My son is disabled and uses assistave tech which requires a broadband connection.

I have lodged a formal complaint which they are. It addressing using DPA as an excuse as the account is not in our names.

Initially it was , from them, wouldn’t it be easier if you took over the line blah blah blah. When it was realised that was not happening today tgey have **** down using data protection as an excuse.

I’m now getting the regulator involved.

I have made it more than clear to them that there is a disabled child in the property and that we need service ASAP for his use and benefit. Still ignored

I am furious that these incompetent asses can get away with this and I’m now expecting months of hassle trying to get this resolved

How are they even allowed operate

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

Oh what a surprise they reply to ever other post except mine.

At this point it will be regulator and if needs be a solicitor will be involved

Disgusting treatment

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭what?

its really not surprising anymore, staff on here seem to try their best.
    Eir is institutionally incompetent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

We moved into a new property and Eir are refusing to disconnect previous occupants phone line.

I have service with Sky and they have been trying to take over the line which Eir are not releasing

As a result we have no broadband.  

My son is disabled and uses assistave tech which requires a broadband connection.

I have lodged a formal complaint which they are. It addressing using DPA as an excuse as the account is not in our names.

Initially it was , from them, wouldn’t it be easier if you took over the line blah blah blah.  When it was realised that was not happening today tgey have **** down using data protection as an excuse.

I’m now getting the regulator involved.

I have made it more than clear to them that there is a disabled child in the property and that we need service ASAP for his use and benefit.  Still ignored

I am furious that these incompetent asses can get away with this and I’m now expecting months of hassle trying to get this resolved

How are they even allowed operate
    Hi katiek102010,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you have experienced with us and I completely understand your frustration.

In order for us to be able to provide you with service, we would need you to email accountchange@eir.ie with the following information.

- Proof of address such as a tenancy agreement or utility bill (with both your name and the address on it).
    - Name and/or contact information for previous residents at that address.
    - Current landline number.

Once you supply the information, this will be escalated to the relevant department. They will then be able to begin to process your order. 

~Kellie

I have emailed that info in a customer complaint with the exception of the previous resident contact details because I don’t know them.

It was sent to ccm@eir.ie as per instructions from ComReg

It’s absolutely disgusting. I have a disabled child who cannot access his assistave technology and my provider have been trying to take over the line for weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

I have emailed that info in a customer complaint with the exception of the previous resident contact  details because I don’t know them.

It was sent to ccm@eir.ie as per instructions from ComReg

It’s absolutely disgusting.  I have a disabled child who cannot access his assistave technology and my provider have been trying to take over the line for weeks
    I understand this is frustrating katiek102010.

However, I don't have access to resolve this for you through this channel. The only way this can be done is by emailing accountchange@eir.ie with the previously mentioned information. As you do not have previous residents contact details, the name should be sufficient.

They will then be able to escalate this and look into this for you.

~Kellie

• Advertisement

Oh wait they have just emailed me.

They basically want old occupants contact details so they are holding our services to ransom unless ourselves and landlord provide old tenants contact details

I think I will let ComReg deal with this now

What a joke of a company. They shouldn’t be allowed supply services

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

Oh wait they have just emailed me.

They basically want old occupants contact details so they are holding our services to ransom unless ourselves and landlord provide old tenants contact details

I think I will let ComReg deal with this now

What a joke of a company.  They shouldn’t be allowed supply services
    The following email addresses are taken from https://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-8949648

Tim Spence, Director of Customer Operations - tim.spence@eir.ie

Carolan Lennon, Ceo Eir - carolan.lennon@eir.ie

Maybe email these 2 folks for help.

Still not disconnected. I have emailed all the above and just getting completely ignored.

I have now had no services for nearly a month.

To say I am furious is an understatement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭johndoe99

Still not disconnected.  I have emailed all the above and just getting completely ignored.

I have now had no services for nearly a month.

To say I am furious is an understatement
    absolutely appalling carry on.

https://www.thesun.ie/contact-us/

nothing speaks volumes like bad press.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

johndoe99 wrote: »
    absolutely appalling carry on.

https://www.thesun.ie/contact-us/

nothing speaks volumes like bad press.
    If any newspaper could identify an appalling excuse for an organisation, it would be the Sun!

• Advertisement

I have emailed Joe Duffy along with Richard Bruton and ComReg ccd eir’s incompetent customer service.

I have transferred everything else to my new address without issue. I have provided evidence I have moved in but not that the old occupants have moved out. ( that must be what the scratching in my attic is. All the Harry Potter films over Christmas have gone to my head and I have transfigured them to mice and locked them in the Attic)

Current speculation among my friends and I is that Eir want us to act as debt collectors and locate the former occupants of the property for them and are holding the line to ransom for their up to date contact details.

They rang me earlier to tell me of their refusal to disconnect( won’t put it in email). I lost it with them on the phone. I was in supermacs at the time and the people at the next table advised me they had a similar issue and it took 6 months to get them to sort it

Advertisement