Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Help

Options
  • 19-12-2018 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I'm in leaving cert and i struggle with economics i don't know why i chose it and i regret picking it. I wonder should i drop the subject or maybe pick up business if its similar content its so close to the mocks and i just don't know what to do. I feel I have messed up my life and i just accepted the fact that i'm not going to do well in the leaving cert. If anyone has any advice that would be very helpful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Exiled1

A significant majority of people choose a subject that does not suit them. So you are not alone! Just because you are struggling with a subject you dislike must not prevent you from seeing the bigger picture of your course. When/if you go to College you will find parts of your chosen course are horrible too, but you have to suck it up and move on.
    At this stage, you should look at what you need to get out of the Leaving in terms of points etc.
    Don't even contemplate changing to a new subject at this point. BS is quite different from Ec and you would be taking on a whole lot of pressure and angst by changing.
    You should consider dropping to OL (presuming you are doing HL). Have you spoken with your Ec teacher or guidance counsellor? this should lie your first task.... you will probably find help there.
    Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

I'm in leaving cert and i struggle with economics i don't know why i chose it and i regret picking it. I wonder should i drop the subject or maybe pick up business if its similar content its so close to the mocks and i just don't know what to do. I feel I have messed up my life and i just accepted the fact that i'm not going to do well in the leaving cert. If anyone has any advice that would be very helpful

The layout of the paper is quite predictable. You can do a question on Supply and Demand, the Factors of Production, Market Structures (ignore Oligopoly as it came up last year - focus on imperfect and monopoly) and Money & Banking / National Income. Focus on them and you'll have enough to do well in it.

Advertisement