Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Business :((

Options
  • 19-12-2018 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Im doing art at the moment and I hate the subject. My school will not allow me to swap from art to business. Am I able to sit the exam if I study it myself at home ? Or do I need to have done it with a teacher? Sorry if this is a silly question, I just want to know if it will be worth my time at the end of the day to study business at home myself. I also have friends doing it in school so I could take pictures of their notes.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Did you not choose to do Art?

Nobody can stop you doing Business in the Leaving, but if it was all as easy as getting someone else's notes the results in Business would be much better.

Are you also doing Physics on your own?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Ialison

spurious wrote: »
    Did you not choose to do Art?

Nobody can stop you doing Business in the Leaving, but if it was all as easy as getting someone else's notes the results in Business would be much better.

Are you also doing Physics on your own?

I chose to do art because it was the only option in the block that I had a slight bit of interest in, I'm shocking at things such as construction and chemistry that were also in the block.

My friend has offered to give me his notes over christmas to catch up so that would help a lot. And no I am not doing physics by myself.

I find that I am good at learning a lot of theory and the exam style that comes with it suits me. I am able to learn a lot off for art but having fhe right information is useless when you are being docked marks for not bring able to draw to a high standard. Im finding it difficult to get above 4 out of 10 marks for illustrations.

I just want to know if it would be worth it in the end.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The only person who could really tell you that is the Business teacher.

How about talking to them, telling them you are working away yourself and ask if they would mind giving you and marking you the end of year exam the Business class are getting in May?

That would give you an idea whether you were on the right lines or not.

Advertisement