Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rhebogue Hill area

• 19-12-2018 10:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭

Saw advertisement that Rhebogue Hill are starting phase 2 with new homes to be launched next year, Mccarthy builders.

Any idea how are their homes like? Is it similar to Ros Mor homes in terms of quality? And what's the area like to live in with a small family please?

Any info will be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Any one please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Nice quite cul de sac of a neighbourhood, have some friends that live there and neighbours watch out for one another they get together for hallowen so all the kids can go around together etc

The house itself is a regular 3 bed terraced with good size kitchen and sitting room, only downfall for me is the train that passes every couple of hours but that only last a few seconds.

Thanks for getting back to me :)

Do you know if your friends house is the same size as the upcoming New Homes, i.e. 115 sq. meters? They don't have a Show House and I wonder how does it look?
    They say it's a 4bed semi-detached.

And any unsocial activity in the area?

Any other disadvantages apart from train noise?

campo wrote: »
    Nice quite cul de sac of a neighbourhood, have some friends that live there and neighbours watch out for one another they get together for hallowen so all the kids can go around together etc

The house itself is a regular 3 bed terraced with good size kitchen and sitting room, only downfall for me is the train that passes every couple of hours but that only last a few seconds.

Thanks for getting back to me :)

Do you know if your friends house is the same size as the upcoming New Homes, i.e. 115 sq. meters? They don't have a Show House and I wonder how does it look?
    They say it's a 4bed semi-detached.

And any unsocial activity in the area?

Any other disadvantages apart from train noise?

They are in a 3 bed terrace so a little smaller, the negatives for me would be that it is pretty close to some not so nice areas but they have never had an issue, even the teenagers there if throwing a party while parents were away made sure to pop in to let them know that if it gets too loud to just knock at the door and they will make sure that they turn down music.

The pros of how close it is to local amenities and city centre, not sure how much the new houses are going for or what your expectations are.

It certainly is not a Castletroy or Annacotty but far from some of the unsavoury places in Limerick.

Thank you @Campo

Harpy to see that have developed a good little community.

You're right it's near to some bad areas, but again anything can happen in any area. Will install Alarm.

Are those 3bed terraced with A3 rating? I wonder what is the expected heating bill? As they are not providing floor heating.

And is there anything else you feel one should know who is going to live there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Every home consists of concrete and solid block construction with red brick in the front elevation.

There is a Building Energy Rating (BER) of A3 to every home. This is achieved using photovoltaic solar panels to generate electricity using natural sunlight together with natural gas central heating and a solid fuel stove set in a traditional block built chimney.

Apologies, I am not familiar with these technical words and their significance. So roughly is it 500 a year for heating?
    Every home consists of concrete and solid block construction with red brick in the front elevation.

There is a Building Energy Rating (BER) of A3 to every home. This is achieved using photovoltaic solar panels to generate electricity using natural sunlight together with natural gas central heating and a solid fuel stove set in a traditional block built chimney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

A BER of A3 is very good. That's a building that is not expensive to heat.

Great. Thank you!!

Merry Christmas
    zulutango wrote: »
    A BER of A3 is very good. That's a building that is not expensive to heat.

Can you check with you friend is any sewage / flooding issues in this area please?

• Advertisement

Can you check with you friend is any sewage / flooding issues in this area please?

They are on top of a hill so no issues with flooding or sewage issues

Any update on this development please?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

was chatting to someone recently who said his brothers house should be ready for Jan/Feb

Thanks for the update. Good to see some developments happening there finally
    damowill wrote: »
    was chatting to someone recently who said his brothers house should be ready for Jan/Feb

It seems this development is coming to completion finally!

I have purchased one of the homes there and it's looking good now :)

Anyone else here who has purchased a home there?

Advertisement