Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Normal food-sit in chipper

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Birneybau wrote: »
    Forget it, was a joke.

I know but explaining why I wouldn't pay silly money as well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

messrs wrote: »
    Wow Burger is also nice - very similar to Bunsen though.

If you are heading over Meath Street area then I can recommend either Tasty8 or Catherines Cafe - nice little cafe just of Dame St aswell - think it is on Fishamble St called Chorus Cafe

Had Wow Burger for the first time recently, bloody awful.

Greasy, overpriced rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,119 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

KungPao wrote: »
    Had Wow Burger for the first time recently, bloody awful.

Greasy, overpriced rubbish.

Agree. To me they looked and tasted like frozen burgers, the cheap ones I had when I was a student

• Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

blanch152 wrote: »
    Caranica wrote: »
    There's a sit in chipper on the corner of Camden Street coming from Harcourt luas. Could go there after Grafton Street then luas to O'Connell Street?

Think there is a couple of chippers further down on Wexford Street. Cafe Sofia (think that's the name) is nice for a sit down breakfast and they also do chips. There is an Italian chipper across the road, never been in it and it looks a bit grubby.

Aprile's, its a good spot. Not as nice as their one in stillorgan, but better than most

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I'm late to the party, but perhaps for the next time you could consider these: A little bit outside of the city centre, but the Embassy Grill (opposite the US Embassy) does a great fry / breakfast deal (as well chips / burgers / battered sausages etc), a decent sit-in area too. Also Gerry's Café in Montague St (between Wexford St and Harcourt St) does a great all day breakfast (different sizes for different hunger levels and they're great about swapping an egg for a sausage etc) (he doesn't do chips, mind).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Can vouch for the embassy grill. Great stuff there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Class of 82

Yakuza wrote: »
    I'm late to the party, but perhaps for the next time you could consider these: A little bit outside of the city centre, but the Embassy Grill (opposite the US Embassy) does a great fry / breakfast deal (as well chips / burgers / battered sausages etc), a decent sit-in area too. Also Gerry's Café in Montague St (between Wexford St and Harcourt St) does a great all day breakfast (different sizes for different hunger levels and they're great about swapping an egg for a sausage etc) (he doesn't do chips, mind).

Checked out Gerry's breakfast recently and wasn't impressed. Re-heated beans for example.

I'll stick with Matt the Rashers when in need of a fry.

Advertisement