Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dispute a ban

Options
  • 20-12-2018 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭

I have been banned from the politics forum for 3 days for being uncivil. I don't agree I was uncivil and would like you to review this please.If you read the exchange of posts there was no arguments or unpleasantness from anyone.
    In the past I've been pulled up by this moderator and if I've been out of order I wouldn't query it but once or twice thought it's been a little over the top.I can provide an example of this if required.

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Hi RobMc59,

Can you confirm whether you have attempted to resolve this via PM with the mod who banned you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

Toots wrote: »
    Hi RobMc59,

Can you confirm whether you have attempted to resolve this via PM with the mod who banned you?

Yes,I've sent a pm with no reply.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Thank you for confirming. If the PM was sent late last night or early this morning, we need to allow the mod a reasonable amount of time to respond, so if you still haven't heard back by tonight and/or you are unable to resolve it by PM, please post back here and I will ask a CMod to have a look.

Thank you for confirming. If the PM was sent late last night or early this morning, we need to allow the mod a reasonable amount of time to respond, so if you still haven't heard back by tonight and/or you are unable to resolve it by PM, please post back here and I will ask a CMod to have a look.

Hello,
    He replied this morning saying he wouldn't review the ban
    Thanks Rob

OK, I'll ask a CMod to review.

• Advertisement

OK, I'll ask a CMod to review.

Although the ban has expired I'm unhappy about it as I believe it was excessive for the innocuous post in question and would still like it reviewed.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

One of the CMods will get to this in due course - please bear in mind we are in the holiday season and people may have other priorities

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Hi Rob,
    I will take a look at this for you - could you send me on the PMs and I will review. Probably after tomorrow at this stage.
    Thanks & merry christmas

bluewolf wrote: »
    Hi Rob,
    I will take a look at this for you - could you send me on the PMs and I will review. Probably after tomorrow at this stage.
    Thanks & merry christmas

Hello,please excuse me as I'm unfamiliar with the process,do you mean forward the posts which were said to be uncivil as a PM to you?

RobMc59 wrote: »
    Hello,please excuse me as I'm unfamiliar with the process,do you mean forward the posts which were said to be uncivil as a PM to you?

No worries - I mean the actual PMs between yourself and the mod discussing the ban.

• Advertisement

No worries - I mean the actual PMs between yourself and the mod discussing the ban.

Hello,I`ve sent as PMs,which I hope are in chronological order!- as I said earlier,please excuse my computer skills.:rolleyes:
    Merry Christmas Rob.

Hi Rob
    I have been looking at this today for you - i just need to check a couple things and will be back with a response
    Thanks for bearing with me

Hi Rob,
    firstly sorry for the delay.

Right so for this case I started by taking a look at your posting history in the forum to see what is going on.
    The politics forum requires a more thorough and higher standard of post in general. It's generally aimed at reasoned and thought out discussions.

I see you have a bit of a history in the last month or so with one-liners and throwaway comments. I mean posts like this are not ok
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108832975&postcount=7975

and now your post which got the 3 day ban has called someone deluded.
    This is clearly against the politics charter because it is a personal attack.

In terms of the ban length, it is a straightforward escalation from previous mod actions - cards, then 1 day ban, then 3 day ban.

So i am afraid i will have to uphold this ban and its length.
    I would also suggest on another note that you be more careful about your posting on the politics forum. And if you have a problem with other posts please do report them.

Thanks

Hi Rob,
    firstly sorry for the delay.

Right so for this case I started by taking a look at your posting history in the forum to see what is going on.
    The politics forum requires a more thorough and higher standard of post in general. It's generally aimed at reasoned and thought out discussions.

I see you have a bit of a history in the last month or so with one-liners and throwaway comments. I mean posts like this are not ok
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108832975&postcount=7975

and now your post which got the 3 day ban has called someone deluded.
    This is clearly against the politics charter because it is a personal attack.

In terms of the ban length, it is a straightforward escalation from previous mod actions - cards, then 1 day ban, then 3 day ban.

So i am afraid i will have to uphold this ban and its length.
    I would also suggest on another note that you be more careful about your posting on the politics forum. And if you have a problem with other posts please do report them.

Thanks
    Hello,
    Ok and thanks for getting back to me.I`ll take your comments on board and will try to be less susceptible to getting wound up(whether by myself or others!).
    Regards Rob.

Thanks Rob I will request this is closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement