Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 PS4 Setup in House - Users cannot access my games

Options
  • 20-12-2018 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have the following setup:

Old PS4 in attic - Primary - used by my son with his profile - he has access only to disc games - he has no access to games I but downstairs on my account...?

PS4 Pro with VR downstairs - My unit - PS Plus is on my user account.

I was told here on the boards to set the upstairs old PS4 as primary so I can download games and play without issue etc downstairs.

The issue is that on the downstairs PS4 Pro, all users outside my account are locked out from playing my games - says that the game is locked to my account.

It seems quite irregular for games that I buy to be locked out for other family members to play?!!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

sticker wrote: »
    Hi,

I have the following setup:

Old PS4 in attic - Primary - used by my son with his profile - he has access only to disc games - he has no access to games I but downstairs on my account...?

Log onto the upstairs console and restore licenses, this has happened to me before.
    PS4 Pro with VR downstairs - My unit - PS Plus is on my user account.

I was told here on the boards to set the upstairs old PS4 as primary so I can download games and play without issue etc downstairs.

That is correct and what is happening.
    The issue is that on the downstairs PS4 Pro, all users outside my account are locked out from playing my games - says that the game is locked to my account.

It seems quite irregular for games that I buy to be locked out for other family members to play?!!

It's not irregular as all members have access to all your games on the upstairs console(once you restore licenses).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Thanks F1ngers....

The issue now is that I wish to have all users access to the games downstairs on the Pro with the VR. We all want to play Astrobot to save our own progress.

Any way I can do this?

Also - I restored all licences on the PS4 upstairs on my profile but when I go into my sons only half of the games I bought are appearing?

Thanks F1ngers....

The issue now is that I wish to have all users access to the games downstairs on the Pro with the VR. We all want to play Astrobot to save our own progress.

Any way I can do this?

Downstairs as primary, but that then locks your son out of your games upstairs.

No other way, that I'm aware of.

You can't have more than 1 primary.

EDIT:
    Also - I restored all licences on the PS4 upstairs on my profile but when I go into my sons only half of the games I bought are appearing?

Try a few more times, I've had to restore more than once sometimes.

If this doesn't work, I don't know what else it could be.

OK... and the licences? If I restore mine upstairs - any idea why they are not appearing on his account there?

• Advertisement

OK... and the licences? If I restore mine upstairs - any idea why they are not appearing on his account there?

Edited previous post.

Try more than 1 restore, I've had to restore more than once before.

After that I don't know what it might be.

OK. Whats the process in changing the primary - remove primary upstairs first and then apply downstairs?

Thanks

Advertisement