Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dinner

Options
  • 20-12-2018 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

Hi there

Am meeting a friend next week for dinner. She is driving from Tuam and I'm coming from Limerick. Trying to find someplace half way where we get get nice meal at reasonable price.

Any recommendations greatly appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Sullivan's in Gort?

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

Yes Gort, But try Gallery Cafe for something a little different - it is a restaurant, not a cafe.

If you like pizza, there is Lumberjack's in Gort too. Literally just across the road from Gallery Cafe and Sullivan's. The Gallery Cafe is right beside Sullivan's.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

Is Lumberjacks good?
    It was a shame to lose The Kettle of Fish next door.

I haven't been to the one in Gort but I've had a few slices from the one in Tuam and it was nice. They seem to be doing well. They've opened up in Moycullen too.

• Advertisement

The Old Barracks in Athenry is a great spot

The Old Barracks in Athenry is a great spot

Yeah it's nice!
    Athenry is far handier for the Tuam person than the Limerick person. Seems unfair!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

A little trek for you both but Pier Head in Kinvarra is worth considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

+1 for Gort - Half way and you won't be caught in traffic too much! There is also a new Restaurant · Pub called the Field just before the square! I haven't been there but hear great things.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yogalady

Many thanks for all suggestions. Really appreciate it. Happy Christmas everyone

• Advertisement
Advertisement