Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Discount promised twice by Eir Shop appear?

• 20-12-2018 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Just wanted to share my recent experience with EIR and see if it's possible to fix this.

I recently signed a contract for Broadband after 3 (three) failed tries of Eir (they put the wrong address, wrong exchange, told me I had fiber, told me I had 2 Mb, etc). Won't go in detail but it all started the beginning of october and ended after countless calls, waiting and struggle (at least from a technical point of view) with the broadband working end of november.

Unfortunately it's not yet over for a contract point of view.

I signed the contract for "Complete Broadband & Phone" at the Eir Shop of Henry Street - Dublin. When I saw the price (59.99, including 2 euro discount for direct debit) I asked if it was the final price and the sales man told me that to sign that once the sale was completed they would have put the discount and overall it would have been more or less 40 euro per month.
    I accepted and signed the contract with 61 euro.
    • After few days received the email with the deal with no sign of the discount promised;
    • went back to the Shop in Henry Street and they told me that they forgot and so they added the discount to my contract (20 Euro monthly discount);
    • after few days I was in another Eir shop in Newbridge an I decided to check the status (forgot to mention: I was not able to login into my EIR until today, everything EIR could do wrong they did…) and the sales person told me that there was no discount. I asked if she could add the discount I've been promised twice and she told me she did: 20 euro discount per monthy.
    • now, finally, I can logon onto my EIR account, I received the first bill and I still see the full price: 59.99???????

I'm not going back again to the Eir Shop or calling the Sales Team because experience demonstrated they did not do what they promised and I do not have time to spent anymore for them.
    The last option I have is writing here to see if there's someone serious in this company who can do what they promised.

If not in 12 months I will have clear plan of what to do and won't trust anymore EIR promises.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭eir: Ahren

alesironi wrote: »
    Just wanted to share my recent experience with EIR and see if it's possible to fix this.

I recently signed a contract for Broadband after 3 (three) failed tries of Eir (they put the wrong address, wrong exchange, told me I had fiber, told me I had 2 Mb, etc). Won't go in detail but it all started the beginning of october and ended after countless calls, waiting and struggle (at least from a technical point of view) with the broadband working end of november.

I signed the contract for "Complete Broadband & Phone" at the Eir Shop of Henry Street - Dublin. When I saw the price (59.99, including 2 euro discount for direct debit) I asked if it was the final price and the sales man told me that to sign that once the sale was completed they would have put the discount and overall it would have been more or less 40 euro per month.
    • After few days received the email with the deal with no sign of the discount promised;
    • went back to the Shop in Henry Street and they told me that they forgot and so they added the discount to my contract (20 Euro monthly discount);
    • after few days I was in another Eir shop in Newbridge an I decided to check the status (forgot to mention: I was not able to login into my EIR until today, everything EIR could do wrong they did…) and the sales person told me that there was no discount. I asked if she could add the discount I've been promised twice and she told me she did: 20 euro discount per monthy.
    • now, finally, I can logon onto my EIR account, I received the first bill and I still see the full price: 59.99???????

[*]

I'm not going back again to the Eir Shop or calling the Sales Team because experience demonstrated they did not do what they promised and I do not have time to spent anymore for them.
    The last option I have is writing here to see if there's someone serious in this company who can do what they promised.

If not in 12 months I will have clear plan of what to do and won't trust anymore EIR promises.

Hi alesironi.

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

I apologise about your experience so far, and completely understand your frustration.

Please send me a PM with the following account details, account number, full name on the account, address and date of birth, I would be happy to clarify and resolve this for you.

Thank you.
    -Ahren

• Registered Users Posts: 26 alesironi

eir: Ahren wrote: »
    alesironi wrote: »

[*]

[*]

Hi alesironi.

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

I apologise about your experience so far, and completely understand your frustration.

Please send me a PM with the following account details, account number, full name on the account, address and date of birth, I would be happy to clarify and resolve this for you.

Thank you.
    -Ahren
    [*]
    Details sent.
    thanks

Advertisement