Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suits [Netflix]

Options
  • 20-12-2018 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

I have been watching Suits on netflix (don't judge me :) )

Anyway, I was wondering why season 7 is not on netflix despite seeing that it was when I googled it.

After a bit of investigation it appears that it available on Netflix in the UK but not in Ireland as RTE has the rights over here!

I found this a tad surprising as I thought that Netflix area that we subscribed to was UK & Ireland.

Did anyone else realise that there were Netflix restrictions over here for the same service?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

why would ya be judged for watching suits?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

B-D-P-- wrote: »
    why would ya be judged for watching suits?

Not sure why I added that, perhaps because it feels more like it belongs in the 'guilty pleasure' category, but I really like it.

managed to binge through (nearly) 6 seasons

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Suits is great, the same phrases being repeated will get on your god damn nerves though god dammit.
    Not sure why the last season isn't there, i'm still waiting on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Donutz

It's because RTE hold the rights in Ireland. When season 7 dropped on Netflix first it was available but disappeared after a few days. I suspect the RTE lawyers pointed out to Netflix that they held the rights.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Cause Megan Markle says so...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Suits is great, the same phrases being repeated will get on your god damn nerves though god dammit.

Ha, they sure love saying "pennies on the dollar" alright.

I noted at one point in the early seasons there is an awful lot of people sliding/passing files or envelopes (Often with a smart "I think this might change your mind" type line) and i get a real laugh out of it whenever I see it now

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

ziedth wrote: »
    Ha, they sure love saying "pennies on the dollar" alright.

I noted at one point in the early seasons there is an awful lot of people sliding/passing files or envelopes (Often with a smart "I think this might change your mind" type line) and i get a real laugh out of it whenever I see it now
    and the speed at which they can read the documents

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭mcgragger

Boom_Bap wrote: »

God Damn is probably said about 5 times an episode.

Damn it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Suits is my favourite show ever. I've seen it about 10 times.

You have to find other methods rights now for season 8/9.

It's so stupid that companies restrict us watching content on legal means. Were going to find it one way or another

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭mcgragger

im only on season 5.

• Advertisement
Advertisement