Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bread making..

• 20-12-2018 5:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭

The mention of bannocks the other day reminded me of how varied this art is..
    Each country and region around the world has its own bread,.

i mentioned Muckross Traditional farms in Killarney where old ways are kept alive and where I learned so much

See

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF5Osr5E1wU

I lived nearby many years and have sat by that fireside knitting many an afternoon as that lady who became a friend, made bread,

Visitors would be offered a piece, spread with the butter they make there. Bread like no other... Makes me quite teary as I miss that place

My bannock recipe is based on that,

I am sure there are many other breadmakers here?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

Three people make bread irregularly in my house. Mostly yeast but occasionally pan bread/flat bread/soda/cinnamon buns etc. Get fun and lovely to start to get a bit a bit of consistency over time.
    Most regular would be three of four loaves of yeast on strong flour and maybe 1/4 of Aldi fancy flour with malty bits and a bit of extra grain.

Advertisement