If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tv with Saorview/freeview but no external hardware

Options
  • 20-12-2018 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm a little ignorant on TV tech so maybe a stupid question but anyhow, can I get a TV with build in aerial so that I can just plug TV in and then have saorview channels without need for external aerial?

Ideally, 55' Smart TV with saorview/freesat support without need for external hardware as well as ability to pause live TV and record one channel while watching another. I can provide the TV with an internet connection via Ethernet port if needed.

Am I asking too much?

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

AnswerIs42 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm a little ignorant on TV tech so maybe a stupid question but anyhow, can I get a TV with build in aerial so that I can just plug TV in and then have saorview channels without need for external aerial?

Ideally, 55' Smart TV with saorview/freesat support without need for external hardware as well as ability to pause live TV and record one channel while watching another. I can provide the TV with an internet connection via Ethernet port if needed.

Am I asking too much?

Thanks
    Hi AnswerIs42.

Thanks for the post.

Unfortunately there is no television that I know of that has a built in aerial.

You always need to have an aerial connected to be able to watch normal television. Is there any reason why you can not or do not want an aerial? Do you currently have an aerial connected to your current

The same would go for a television with a built in hard drive for recording and pausing live television. This is not something that manufacturers include in the products.
    You can use a USB memory stick plugged into a televisions USB port and use this to record onto. (most people would use an external hard drive as they can hold larger amounts of data).
    You would also need a television with twin tuners if you want to watch a station and record another.

Hope this helps a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭AnswerIs42

Hi Kenny,

The house is a new build and I wanted to avoid any unnecessary hardware. 

TV with Twin tuners and an external harddrive connected, I can live with happily, not so sure about the aerial.

Thanks for the help, I'm sure I'll be back in contact for some sort of TV anyway

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

AnswerIs42 wrote: »
    Hi Kenny,

The house is a new build and I wanted to avoid any unnecessary hardware. 

TV with Twin tuners and an external harddrive connected, I can live with happily, not so sure about the aerial.

Thanks for the help, I'm sure I'll be back in contact for some sort of TV anyway
    No problem, keep us posted!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.