Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduation date different to when it should have been

Options
  • 20-12-2018 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hello shady boardies,

Ive a question, my course in uni was 3 years in duration, but I conferred 2 years after I should have done due to...certain circumstances that I don't wish to say in an interview. The date of conferring is written on my degree. I will be asked about it. What do I say?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

In my case (at Carlow IT), I had to resit an exam. TBH, I think one person has ever asked about it, and "had to resit an exam 2 years later, as the course had stopped". Heck, the only reason that they asked was that the place I was applying for a job was an IT that also offered said course. Apart from that, no-one cared enough to ask me.

Would saying you had to resit an exam be half true?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,075 ✭✭✭joeguevara

dalalada wrote: »
    Hello shady boardies,

Ive a question, my course in uni was 3 years in duration, but I conferred 2 years after I should have done due to...certain circumstances that I don't wish to say in an interview. The date of conferring is written on my degree. I will be asked about it. What do I say?

Firstly many people don’t even go to conferring. Secondly it won’t be asked. A university degree if required is all that is important. Not when conferred. Thirdly I have never been asked to provide any proof of degree, masters or barrister degree. Finally in the most unlikeliest scenario that you are asked say you deferred conferring because it clashed with work which was more important than a day out.

Advertisement