Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replaced PSU now Error 55

Options
  • 20-12-2018 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭

Long story short I've a Maximus IX Code motherboard, last week the PSU failed and I've since replaced it.

At the same time I thought I would upgrade my ssd to a Samsung 970 Evo M.2 and do a clean install.

Now everytime I try to boot I'm getting Error 55, it ran fine before the PSU failed and now I'm getting this.

Everything is lighting up on the board, all fans are running. Can't for the life of me figure it out. I'm pretty much a beginner at this.

If I can't figure it out can someone please recommend a good repair place that knows this type of repair.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Long story short I've a Maximus IX Code motherboard, last week the PSU failed and I've since replaced it.

At the same time I thought I would upgrade my ssd to a Samsung 970 Evo M.2 and do a clean install.

Now everytime I try to boot I'm getting Error 55, it ran fine before the PSU failed and now I'm getting this.

Everything is lighting up on the board, all fans are running. Can't for the life of me figure it out. I'm pretty much a beginner at this.

If I can't figure it out can someone please recommend a good repair place that knows this type of repair.

Cheers

Think 55 is a memory problem, did you need to remove reinstall memory at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Think 55 is a memory problem, did you need to remove reinstall memory at all?

Yeah I've tried that. It was all running fine until I replaced a few things. It's strange because I never touched it.

Spook_ie wrote: »

Yeah ill try that tomorrow when I'm a little less pissed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I'm pretty much a beginner at this.

How'd you know the PSU was the cause?

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    How'd you know the PSU was the cause?

Well the PSU blew when I turned it on, so I replaced it. Everything seems to fire up okay, fans and all the rgb stuff, just now I'm getting the error 55

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Try with only 1 stick of RAM at a time.
    The PSU might've taken out a stick, here's hoping it didn't!

As the guide says try 1 stick at a time in B2
    Hey Everyone. Following Raja's advice I was put one stick in the B2 slot and was able to get the system to post. After that, I was able to enable XMP. After that, it worked having a stick in A2 and B2, recognizing the correct total and at the correct voltage. The stock voltage of 1.2 differed from the RAM voltage of 1.34 so I'm wondering if that was causing some funky things to happen. Thanks again.

If not then check connectors that you've pushed in haven't bent a pin, make sure that when you push the connectors in that the board isn't flexing too much and risking a broken track.

Advertisement