Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disability late appeal?

Options
  • 21-12-2018 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hoping for some solid advice.

I have been dealing with a spinal injury, depression, agoraphobia, social anxiety, for a while now. I applied for disability in the summer, after going through all my savings. Stopped collecting the SWA in September due to depression. Got refused my disability last month, and received a letter saying I have 10 days to appeal, it has now been a month, and have been dependent on family helping me out. I need to sort this out, what can I do? can I appeal late with a Dr explaining the situation?

I need to move forward from this mess.

Thanks.

Comments

lovelife92 wrote: »
    Hoping for some solid advice.

I have been dealing with a spinal injury, depression, agoraphobia, social anxiety, for a while now. I applied for disability in the summer, after going through all my savings. Stopped collecting the SWA in September due to depression. Got refused my disability last month, and received a letter saying I have 10 days to appeal, it has now been a month, and have been dependent on family helping me out. I need to sort this out, what can I do? can I appeal late with a Dr explaining the situation?

I need to move forward from this mess.

Thanks.

Hey, get your GP to write a letter to the deciding officer to review it again and explaining why you should be entitled. It seems like they always refuse the first time.
    Unfortunately it will be several months before you get a response but if they approve, they will backdate payment to the original application.

Good Luck with it.

Derek

Advertisement