Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

plastering cost

Options
  • 21-12-2018 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Does anyone have a rough estimate of the cost to plaster a 225m2 2 story house internal and external with sand cement finish and skim coat on the inside. labour only

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

darrmolo wrote: »
    Does anyone have a rough estimate of the cost to plaster a 225m2 2 story house internal and external with sand cement finish and skim coat on the inside. labour only

20-25k

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭dh1985

darrmolo wrote: »

10.5k i paid 12 months ago for 220 sqm. Known as a good plasterer and i cant find fault with it and i am picky.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 2019

dh1985 wrote: »
    10.5k i paid 12 months ago for 220 sqm. Known as a good plasterer and i cant find fault with it and i am picky.

Was that cash or vat paid? Was this just labor?

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭dh1985

2019 wrote: »
    Was that cash or vat paid? Was this just labor?

Just labour. Materials cost about 6-7k inc. Vat.

dh1985 wrote: »
    Just labour. Materials cost about 6-7k inc. Vat.

Thats a good price. Any pictures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭caddy16

I'm getting quotes at the moment for 230 sq mts. Seem to be coming in between the 13k to 16k range. That's labour only in mid west.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

Can you give me an estimate on 95 Sq meters lads. Also if yous would be in the know. Price on internal wall insulation on a semi d. So the three outer walls and full house plastered. + size of the insulation (would external be better?).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Casati

caddy16 wrote: »
    I'm getting quotes at the moment for 230 sq mts. Seem to be coming in between the 13k to 16k range. That's labour only in mid west.

Anybody what the cost per wall sq m should be? Ie sand and cement and skim?

Lads its difficult to give a price per sq meter without seeing plans. Theres to many variables. How many window reveals is there, how many arches, slopes, corners and small tight walls/rooms etc.. adds more to the overall price. How plumb is the background the plasterers floating/skimming onto and is there any curved walls. Get 3-5 quotes and work from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Casati

2019 wrote: »
    Lads its difficult to give a price per sq meter without seeing plans. Theres to many variables. How many window reveals is there, how many arches, slopes, corners and small tight walls/rooms etc.. adds more to the overall price. How plumb is the background the plasterers floating/skimming onto and is there any curved walls. Get 3-5 quotes and work from there.

How would a QS price it? Would they not start with a cost per sq m (ie wall space) to be plastered and add on to that?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Casati wrote: »
    How would a QS price it? Would they not start with a cost per sq m (ie wall space) to be plastered and add on to that?

yes, it is priced on the wall coverage, but people here are asking for quotes based on the m2 of the house floor area. Its nearly impossible to give any sort of accurate budget on this for numerous reasons, so the advice above is a good one. Get the plans priced properly. So many different things can different prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭JL555

Anyone have a stab at estimating the cost of dob and dab plasterboard on two 15sq m rooms with 1 door and 1 window, window is L1.8m x H1.4m plus skimming the ceiling for a fresh look?

thanks

Advertisement