Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overpayment im wages

Options
  • 21-12-2018 2:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hello
    Recently my employer told me i have been paid for wotk not done. Can they automatically take this from my next payslip without my consent or without given me a written notice.

If its true i intend paying it back im just nof sure if they can just take it with no notice or permission.
    Thanking You

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Qrt

Mutant wrote: »
    Hello
    Recently my employer told me i have been paid for wotk not done. Can they automatically take this from my next payslip without my consent or without given me a written notice.

If its true i intend paying it back im just nof sure if they can just take it with no notice or permission.
    Thanking You

First step would to be actually find out what work you’ve supposedly been paid for but not done. Get everything explained to you really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Hello
    Recently my employer told me i have been paid for wotk not done. Can they automatically take this from my next payslip without my consent or without given me7 a written notice.

Thanking You

They are not taking it back, they are correcting your next pay to balance it out. Was it a lot of money (why didn't you notice it and inform them at the time). If not a material amount it's not worth making an issue. As they've now told you, what's the notice from the next pay date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 fordyjames

Not enough information from the OP to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Not sure. Did you do the work, and can you prove it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

If I understand correctly, you were overpaid, and now they want their money back.

They've told you it's coming out of next month's pay.

You're concerned about this because you (maybe) have overspent this month and need all of next month's pay.

If I'm roughly correct, I think you should just have a chat with the decision maker on this.

Explain you actually need all of next month's pay, and is it possible they only take X this month, Y next month, and Z the month after, until you're square. Or something like that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement