Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build Help - Ultrawide Gaming PC

Options
  • 21-12-2018 2:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Moving into a house with an open plan living area. I have the freedom to turn the place in a complete man cave

1. What is your budget? [€xxx]

€1500 ( i will exclude the cost of a desk and chair from this number but would appreciate any suggestions )

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/Video editing/3D Modelling/HTPC/Internet] (If gaming include which games)

Gaming - PUBG, DCS, ARMA III
    HTPC - Considering a large monitor on an arm that can be swung to face the couch to be used as a TV, Im thinking that a curved monitor might not be the best fit in this scenario

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes/No]

No, but need some advice on which version to buy

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Hard drive/DVD Drive/Case/PSU/etc.] (If possible state brand and model of the parts to ensure compatibility)

I have no parts

5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes/No]

Yes, perhaps a 34” 21:9 ultra wide of some sort, not sure

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [19'/20'/22'/24'/etc.] 34”

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080/1440x900/etc.] [Yes/No]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.]

need keyboard

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes/No]

No

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser]

Bank Transfer, Credit card, Debit card, Paypal, Bitcoin
    Prefer credit card due the insurance provided

9. When are you purchasing? [In x days]

soonest would be early february, latest march 31th

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [South Dublin City/Cork City/Kerry/etc.]

Not sure if i’ll need help, but I’m in Clare.

I’m moving into a new house, will have lots of space, building a man cave.

I will need a desk and chair,
    looking at a IKEA
    https://www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/desks/office-desks/bekant-corner-desk-left-oak-veneer-black-spr-99006404/
    Considering same version desk above in sit/stand, but probably gimmcky will never use

Cant find a chair I like, want a high back, with head rest, straight arm rests, office chair, dont want one of those gaming seats

Might take 6 months to get into DCS so its not a priority, and will exclude from this the needed hardware for playing DCS, stick, throttle, pedals, trackIR, might also consider Ocullus

I might also want to record electric guitar sometime in the future but its not a priority

Comments

Advertisement