If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG OLED Questions

Options
  • 21-12-2018 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I was hoping to pick up the LG OLED55B8S for our Christmas gift, but have have found out that the paycheque for Christmas won't be in until the first week of the NY at this stage. I'm not overly interested in New Year sales (great if it works out, but not a deciding factor) but am worried about stock if there is a sale - How safe would I be ordering around the 7th of January? 

Then, somewhat related - What are the real world differences between that model and the LG OLED55C8PLA? Is it worth the €500 in the upgrade, or would that be better spent down the line on a soundbar? We watch a fair amount of TV and film, streaming and gaming through a PS4 Pro.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

OldBean wrote: »
    Hi there,

I was hoping to pick up the LG OLED55B8S for our Christmas gift, but have have found out that the paycheque for Christmas won't be in until the first week of the NY at this stage. I'm not overly interested in New Year sales (great if it works out, but not a deciding factor) but am worried about stock if there is a sale - How safe would I be ordering around the 7th of January? 

Then, somewhat related - What are the real world differences between that model and the LG OLED55C8PLA? Is it worth the €500 in the upgrade, or would that be better spent down the line on a soundbar? We watch a fair amount of TV and film, streaming and gaming through a PS4 Pro.

Thanks in advance!
    Hi OldBean.

Thanks for the post.

OLED is really the way to go.

Stock should still be fine by the 7th Jan however our Boxing Sales will have finished by the 7th and you run the risk of missing out on any of the offers.

The main difference between the C8 and B8 would be that the C8 uses the Alpha 9 processor and the B8 uses the Alpha 8.
    The C8 is also 30% brighter than the B8's.

Also the PLA versions have upgraded speakers built in for a much better sound quality. The S version has standard speakers.

For me the extra would be worth it as the C8 range is at the top of its game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Yeah, I've completely set my mind on OLED as opposed to any of the other techs, seems to make the most sense - Will try up the budget if I can and go for the PLA. 

Cheers Kenny, hopefully put that order through early Jan!

OldBean wrote: »
    Yeah, I've completely set my mind on OLED as opposed to any of the other techs, seems to make the most sense - Will try up the budget if I can and go for the PLA. 

Cheers Kenny, hopefully put that order through early Jan!
    Hey OldBean.

I purchased one around this time last year and they really are fantastic.

Drop me a post where you are ready :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

Snipped by Mod

Snipped

Hey Dakar.

Yeah the B8's are really really nice!

Glad you are enjoying your new television.

Have a great Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Dakar,

Please take a moment to read the Charter, queries here are for Richersounds to answer, it is not appropriate for Boardies to pitch in their advice or opinions.

Thanks,

Ritz.

Merry Christmas The Ritz

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Cheers Kenny, many happy returns, hope you’re surviving the madness !

S.

The Ritz wrote: »
    Cheers Kenny, many happy returns, hope you’re surviving the madness !

S.
    Just about The Ritz, just about :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

My apologies Mr Ritz, I know OldBean a long time and I’ve been a Richer Sounds customer a lot longer. As an enthusiastic follower of the forum, I should have known better. Next time I’ll just text him!

Ritz:Cheers dakar, its all good - Happy Christmas :)

• Advertisement

dakar wrote: »
    My apologies Mr Ritz, I know OldBean a long time and I’ve been a Richer Sounds customer a lot longer. As an enthusiastic follower of the forum, I should have known better. Next time I’ll just text him!
    No problem Dakar, hope you have a great Christmas.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.