Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bicycle parking Blanch Shopping Centre

• 21-12-2018 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Does else leave their biked parked up for many hours a day and have any issues ?
    I will need to get the bus from the centre so will cycle down so the bike will be there for about 10 hours a day all week.
    I have good locks but don't wan't some little scumbag just wrecking it for fun.
    Obviously the nearer to the bus stops the better.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Be worthwhile campaigning for some bike lockers like there are at the train stations.

I've never locked up at the shopping centre. Seems like there's a few bikes there must days. But not busy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,516 ✭✭✭daymobrew

In my recent trips to the centre I've been parking beside the bike racks beside the library. The place seems quiet.
    I locked my bike to the gate bars with 2 locks. I didn't use those terrible bike slot things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭rolling boh

what time would you be leaving the bike ? also quality of bike could be an issue . I would say during the day would be ok with a couple of good locks on the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

what time would you be leaving the bike ? also quality of bike could be an issue . I would say during the day would be ok with a couple of good locks on the bike.

It would be from 7.30am untill about 6.30pm most days. The bike is worth about €600.
    I parked at lidl the other day and seen just a wheel of one bike locked to one of those parking spaces so have my doubts, obviously the person who locked the bike only locked a quick release wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

Lock it to a pole outside Blanchardstown Garda Station, if you're worried. It's about a 5 minute walk down from the shopping centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭rolling boh

There are a few dublin 15 cyclists on the cycling forum where you might get someone who has experience of leaving a bike like you want to do .
    It might be a better place to ask because
    I would be wary of leaving anything other than a real cheapo all day like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,516 ✭✭✭daymobrew

fatbhoy wrote: »
    Lock it to a pole outside Blanchardstown Garda Station, if you're worried. It's about a 5 minute walk down from the shopping centre.
    Notice that there are no bike racks outside the Garda station itself. Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

daymobrew wrote: »
    Notice that there are no bike racks outside the Garda station itself. Pathetic.

Yeah, there probably should be because there's plenty of space there for them. Maybe there's a reason why there's none.

Advertisement