Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Hours

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I thought that we did this last year, but I can’t find it. For most of us, a bloody horrible year.

I should end the year with 340 hours and 191 flights, with probably another 8 sectors as a passenger.

There were times that literally being the only aircraft allowed to fly was fun, but alas, now patiently waiting on 2021

2019 / 210 flights and 390 hours, so not much of a change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Last year I had 264 hours as a passenger across 77 flights.

This year, 27 hours 25 minutes across 13 flights.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

My other half had 834 block hours last year.
    Her total so far this year is 364, with another 8 planned just before the New Year.
    Jan-April hours were 186.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,200 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

45 flights in 2019, 73,025km, 124 hours, fairly typical, exact same number of flights as 2018 but didn't come close to retaining Concierge with EI :mad:

Down to 16 in 2020

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,413 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The last calendar year I can remember not having any flights at all is 2003 - the last year I didn't leave the island of Ireland was 2000; Irish Ferries sufficed in '03

2020 is going to be the new 'most recent year with no flights'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

In the last 12 months I have flown 139 sectors and 261 block hours. I have another 2 sectors before the end of the year but that's it.
    Don't have my 2019 hours to hand but it was around 800.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Lustrum

2019 was 797 block hours, 2020 is currently at 215, with 4 short European sectors left.....let's see what 2021 brings!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

smurfjed wrote: »
    I thought that we did this last year, but I can’t find it. For most of us, a bloody horrible year.

I should end the year with 340 hours and 191 flights, with probably another 8 sectors as a passenger.

There were times that literally being the only aircraft allowed to fly was fun, but alas, now patiently waiting on 2021

2019 / 210 flights and 390 hours, so not much of a change.

Any ex-pats still flying in the sand pit??? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Any ex-pats still flying in the sand pit??? :D

Depends on the company and nowadays depends on the fleet!

My airbus colleagues are grounded for a year on unpaid leave. For us on the "main" fleet we are almost back to 85% of pre covid hours.

From December '18 to December '19 I did 689 hours.
    From December '19 to December '20 I did 580 hours, 420 of which was during the covid period.

Has been a mixed bag of passenger only, mixed pax and freight, mini freighter and dedicated freighter flights for me to all corners of the globe. I consider myself lucky to still be flying but have enjoyed flying to some of the busier airports while they're quiet AMS, JFK, CDG, PEK and SYD to name a few.

How's your flying been at home ???:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Growler!!! wrote: »
    Depends on the company and nowadays depends on the fleet!

My airbus colleagues are grounded for a year on unpaid leave. For us on the "main" fleet we are almost back to 85% of pre covid hours.

Oh yeh, I have friends in EK and QR and have gone to the big airline pilot graveyard in the sky! Mostly Airbus too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement