Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money taken from account on Argos order that never went through.

Options
  • 21-12-2018 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,601 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I placed an online order with Argos a couple of days ago, but I got an error at the very end.

I checked with argos and they confirmed they never received the order but the money still came out of my account.

I waited a day or two assuming it would auto refund, but it hasn't.

Could you see about getting it charged back.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

NIMAN wrote: »
    Hi

I placed an online order with Argos a couple of days ago,  but I got an error at the very end.

I checked with argos and they confirmed they never received the order but the money still came out of my account.

I waited a day or two assuming it would auto refund, but it hasn't.

Could you see about getting it charged back.

Hi NIMAN,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.
    When something like this happens the amount should fall off your account and your balance will return to normal once the retailers bank fully process the transaction. This can take up to five working days to be done. Please be assured that the transaction will fall off your account as soon as we receive this confirmation from the retailers bank.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,601 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

That's great Darren, much appreciated.

Advertisement