Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win 10 upgrade N54L issue

Options
  • 21-12-2018 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I have a N54L that was turned off a few years ago but has the Win 10 download in MS update. Today I dusted it off, win 7 started fine then I took the upgrade option, many restarts and unfortunately was called away and a few hours later one shut down was taking a long time but it seemed ok. I came back later and machine had blank screen but machine on.
    No interaction from keyboard , btw it's a Bluetooth Logitech k400.

Any suggestions appreciated , perhaps it's a bios issue.

Thanks,
    MAJj

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Use a wired keyboard ...... BT is not used by a lot (all?) motherboard BIOSs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Is mouse cursor visible there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Is mouse cursor visible there?

No nothing on screen but will try a wired keyboard, just borrowed one

MAJJ wrote: »
    No nothing on screen but will try a wired keyboard, just borrowed one

Booted up but upgrade didn't happen, still Win 7 and windows upgrade still asking to upgrade.

Will Google this problem and thank you both for your time

MAJJ wrote: »
    Booted up but upgrade didn't happen, still Win 7 and windows upgrade still asking to upgrade.

Will Google this problem and thank you both for your time

Kinda closing the loop on this thread. Wired keyboard and mouse helped, win 10 upgrade completed and all ok except the network card won't work and from what I can see online, it is a firmware issue not a driver issue. Thanks to those who responded and PM'd me, when I get time I will update firmware and update thread.

• Advertisement
Advertisement