Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AKAI Smart tv won’t connect to internet

• 21-12-2018 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Hi, I really hope someone can help me....

We bought an AKAI smart tv about 3 years ago and it connects to the internet via a usb dongle. The internet connection has never been brilliant (usually involves having to enter the network settings manually every time we switched on the tv) but I put that down to the fact that it’s in a different room to our Virgin Media modem.

However for the past few months, it won’t connect at all to the internet. I turn on the tv, go to network settings, select “wireless connection” and search for my WiFi ID. It picks it up straight away so I select it and enter my WiFi password, it tries to connect and then just says “no connection” (previously at this point, it would say “connected”.

The WiFi signal is almost at full strength but just to be sure, I plugged the modem in in the room the tv is in so it’s at 100% strength but still no joy.

When I unplug/plug in the dongle it detects this so it’s picking up the dongle. I’ve plugged the dongle into different USB ports on the tv but it’s still not connecting to the internet.

I’ve updated the time and date correctly but still nothing.

Has anyone any advice? Should I buy a new dongle perhaps? We only bought the tv purely to use it for watching Netflix in that room so it’s useless without internet access as it’s not connected to any other tv box etc.

Has anyone any ideas? Thanks!

ETA I got it working!!! There was an identical WiFi profile further down the list and when I selected that one instead of the top one and entered my password it connected! Obviously there’s a faulty WiFi profile saved on my tv and that’s the one I was previously trying to connect to.

Advertisement