Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 19 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

We need to talk about Alonso

He probably has a couple more games for me
    I may move him on to vvd but he has the Xmas period first

Need to see how attacking he was today though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

km79 wrote: »
    He probably has a couple more games for me
    I may move him on to vvd but he has the Xmas period first

Need to see how attacking he was today though

I’ll probably keep him for one or two more games, but after that if no returns, I’ll be looking at Vvd as well or maybe a spurs defender

Pedro to shaqiri
    Unless I go mitrovic to Rashford

Not sure I want the extra selection headache shaqiri will present for one week !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Sane to kdb perhaps

Well that’s fairly easy now
    Mitrovic to Rashford unless Kane gets injured or sent off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Alonso and Mitro to VVD and Rashford is tempting...probably not worth a hit though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

KevIRL wrote: »
    Sane to kdb perhaps
    Thinking the same, City need a spark and KdB is just the man to provide it. I can see Pep setting everything up around him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

2 FTs so thinking Ederson & Wilson to Allison & Rashford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

bantee wrote: »
    2 FTs so thinking Ederson & Wilson to Allison & Rashford

Arsenal and Man City are coming up in GW 20 and 21. Think it would be better to wait before making that move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

Got rid of Aubameyang for Rashford this week to facilitate getting Sterling in, obviously didn't work this week but happy enough going forward. Think there are enough options forward wise at the 6-7 million bracket to concentrate money on midfield. If I make a change it will be Ederson for somebody. Just not enamoured with any of the budget goalkeepers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Ederson has to go. Getting me nothing. Alisson in. And Rashers in for Wilson for a -4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Sane Sterling & Lacazette Out.

Salah Rashford & Lingard in

I've 2 FTs and I'm prepared to take a -4.

Current plan is to sell Anderson, Kane and Torreira. Here are some possible combos I could bring in for that:

Salah, Ings, Paterson.
    Salah, Deeney, Paterson.
    Salah, Rashford, Camarasa.
    Sterling, Ings, Martial.
    Sterling, Rashford, Paterson.
    Mane, Rashford, Martial.
    Pereyra, Aguero, Martial.
    Pereyra, Aguero, Richarlison.

Leaning towards Sterling, Ings and Martial being the best choice but my head is all over the place. I think I need a United player as I've none currently. I feel like City will respond well against Leicester and imagine Aguero will be back for that. I can get more exciting combos without Salah but can he be avoided right now, or might he be rested for Newcastle? Mane could be a cheaper way into Liverpool's midfield, though he could be rested too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I've 2 FTs and I'm prepared to take a -4.

Current plan is to sell Anderson, Kane and Torreira. Here are some possible combos I could bring in for that:

Salah, Ings, Paterson.
    Salah, Deeney, Paterson.
    Salah, Rashford, Camarasa.
    Sterling, Ings, Martial.
    Sterling, Rashford, Paterson.
    Mane, Rashford, Martial.
    Pereyra, Aguero, Martial.
    Pereyra, Aguero, Richarlison.

Leaning towards Sterling, Ings and Martial being the best choice but my head is all over the place. I think I need a United player as I've none currently. I feel like City will respond well against Leicester and imagine Aguero will be back for that. I can get more exciting combos without Salah but can he be avoided right now, or might he be rested for Newcastle? Mane could be a cheaper way into Liverpool's midfield, though he could be rested too.

Personally I wouldn't be selling Anderson.
    I think of all the players listed above - Ings and Martial are the 2 that I would get in.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Rage transfers done...

Ederson and Alonso to Pickford and Digne

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Might actual play the free hit.

Foster

Robbo Trip Lindelof

Salah Son Martial Deulefeu

Firmino Kane Rashford

Jesus I hadn’t realized just how poor Alonso’s returns have been

Makes for grim reading

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,594 ✭✭✭caviardreams

0.1 short of doing Alonso > Trippier and Wilson > Kane. :mad:

Also eyeing up Martial or Lingard instead of Sane or Fraser maybe which would free up some cash. But I swore I would keep Fraser for teh season.

Decisions :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,509 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I can do Sane and Jimenez to Martial and Rashford and that feels like a thing I should do. Pogba is also an option instead of Martial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

km79 wrote: »
    Jesus I hadn’t realized just how poor Alonso’s returns have been

Makes for grim reading

So many time's I've been told by people that he's a season keeper, and here we are not even half way yet and people are shipping him out. Any other premium player with a poor attacking return as him would have been long gone from people's teams. People seem to forget why they pay so much for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

In previous seasons what alonso had over other defenders was his attacking threat. That attacking threat is still there however unlike other seasons we have a bunch of other defenders that are just as attacking and in some cases more attacking than alonso. Robertson, TAA, Kolasanic, Bellerin, mendy, trippier, doherty and digne.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Fraser to Martial most likely, will have to keep an eye on the prices though as not much to spare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Alonso is more attacking when he's Hazard to link up with.
    Hazards been playing the striker role.
    Alonso isn't half as effective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

macraignil wrote: »
    OK then what about Alonso and Sterling to Digne and Salah?

Disappointed with Sterling since getting him in and Alonso also not getting his usual returns in recent weeks.

Would leave me with:

Ederson, Hamer
    Robertson Alexander Arnold, Trippier, Digne, Wan-Bissaka
    Hazard, Salah, Anderson, Richarlison, Torreira
    Kane, Ings, Rondon

Going to wait for Sterling and Alonso to play and help make the decision.

Decision made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

In previous seasons what alonso had over other defenders was his attacking threat. That attacking threat is still there however unlike other seasons we have a bunch of other defenders that are just as attacking and in some cases more attacking than alonso. Robertson, TAA, Kolasanic, Bellerin, mendy, trippier, doherty and digne.

True, but if even a couple of the ones he's hit the post with (5 times this season) had gone in we wouldn't be talking about him.

His owners have been a bit unlucky. Probably reluctantly selling if I need the funds but won't if I don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Just had a quick look at last 6 game stats there though and Robbo, Doherty, Kola and Digne destroy him in fairness.

Time to move on.

Took a -4 hit along with my 2 FTs.

Torreira, Kane and Auba out. Salah, Rashford and Ings in. Leaves me with 3.2m in the bank to mess around with next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

dsmythy wrote: »
    Will be wildcarding into the GW after so will use my 2 FT to dump anyone with a hard game, or who has injured themselves and replace for (maybe) one week only.

I'm bricking it too..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

Took a -4 hit along with my 2 FTs.

Torreira, Kane and Auba out. Salah, Rashford and Ings in. Leaves me with 3.2m in the bank to mess around with next time.

Kane and Auba out with good fixtures ahead, salah is hitting form but some moves. Do you have to move both? Keep one and leave rashford

• Advertisement

skippy15 wrote: »
    Kane and Auba out with good fixtures ahead, salah is hitting form but some moves. Do you have to move both? Keep one and leave rashford

Felt I had to move both to keep the side balanced. I reckon Poch will play Kane against Everton and that he'll start him on the bench against Bournemouth. Also think Emery could start Auba on the bench against Brighton since Liverpool are their next opponents a few days later.

It could definitely backfire spectacularly though.

Advertisement