Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 19 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Also thinking Alonso/Sterling to Salah/Digne.

Leaves me with no City cover but might do Kane to Aguero if he keeps trolling.
    Or Hazard to kdb. Can't own em all

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    True, but if even a couple of the ones he's hit the post with (5 times this season) had gone in we wouldn't be talking about him.

His owners have been a bit unlucky. Probably reluctantly selling if I need the funds but won't if I don't.

Over the course of the season some of his attacking returns have been very lucky. The burnley assist , i think it was a goal and assist in newcastle. Granted yesterday he was fierce unlucky not to score . No doubt he will get a 15 pointer soon but is he really worth 2 million more than kola, digne, doherty. People will also bench doherty at times when they shouldnt if they also have alonso.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Two free transfers and Christmas......

Feel like this is a receipe for me doing something stupid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I have looked at every possible combination to get martial in for Pedro ( or Fraser but I've decided not to do that ). I am trying as much as possible to stay away from rotation risks as well. 2 FT and .8 ITB

Patricio to button . Play fabianski every week. Allows me Pedro to martial with exact money ITB to upgrade Mitrovic to rashford if I also wanted . Also allows Fraser to martial and leave nothing ITB

Alonso to trippier . Then same as above
    Trippier has great fixtures BUT next weekend game is the one where rest of defence/team could have a very poor week so I would really need him to start and he may well be rotated. Alderweireld is .1 cheaper but has next to no attacking threat and could easily be rotated too
    I am very reluctant to sell Alonso tbh but may have to. Not sure I see a clean sheet in next 2 games but then 2 nice ones again

Obviously waiting till after spurs game as who knows what will happen

Which option looks best

Patricio to Button for me, always feel two cheap keepers costs as much points as it earns you

• Advertisement

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Patricio to Button for me, always feel two cheap keepers costs as much points as it earns you

Yeah I’m leaning towards that
    Only had 2 keepers as I had planned an early BB which never materialized

I also may end up getting Doherty for Alonso after Xmas so this makes the most sense to me

I will settle on just martial too. Not willing to double up on united . We have been here before !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Is it a bit late to be getting on the Doherty train now?....given how much more he costs now compared to beginning of Season?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Is it a bit late to be getting on the Doherty train now?....given how much more he costs now compared to beginning of Season?

No i dont think so. He is still good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Rashford vs Martial vs Lingard

Would be interested to hear united fans views. Who is most nailed and who has best prospects?

Will likely go for martial as a midfield spot is easier to open up and I think he's more consistent / proven than lingard

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Morzadec wrote: »

Would be interested to hear united fans views. Who is most nailed and who has best prospects?

Will likely go for martial as a midfield spot is easier to open up and I think he's more consistent / proven than lingard

Not a Utd fan, but I've gone for Martial. Then again, I've always liked him anyway since his Monaco days. :)

• Advertisement

Martial

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭student7890

Sterling → Salah
    Sane for city cover

So going to Ede → Alis
    if the tide turns

Beam me up Scotty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Lingard seemed to have a free licence yesterday, and got in good positions.

I have had Martial for a good while now and over the last 11 GWs he has outscored all of the premium midfields except for Salah - a stat that gets lost as united have been so bad. (I picked 11 GWs because that when he first got 90 mins this season). At 7.3m he is great value I think.

Martial seems good value, was all set on doing him and bednarek in for fraser and stones.

But I'm somewhat reluctant to ditch fraser despite the upcoming fixtures. His xg and xa are phenomenal, better than martial / lingard. He's also 0.4 more than what I'd sell him for so would be hard to get him back in.

Could do snodgrass out instead if I was happy to settle on lingard instead of martial. Lingard's xg / xa is about the same as martial. Just concerned on game time.

Tldr: Fraser and Lingard or Snodgrass and Martial? Tough call but the value I've tied up in the consistent Fraser has me strongly considering the former option

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭MurDawg

Sane to KDB
    Chic to Ings

Chic and San could well be benched based on last performances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Trying to decide if its worth a hit to get Salah in for Sterling??

Would mean I have to lose Mitro for his two home games v Wolves and Huddersfield as well but Salah (c) is very tempting plus don't think City will blow Leicester or Southampton away now in next two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Trying to decide if its worth a hit to get Salah in for Sterling??

Would mean I have to lose Mitro for his two home games v Wolves and Huddersfield as well but Salah (c) is very tempting plus don't think City will blow Leicester or Southampton away now in next two.

I'm in the same boat.

Looking at Sterling & Alonso out, Salah & Doherty in for a -4

I'll still have Sane for City cover (and yes I haven't had Doherty in all season)

Shaw at 4.9 is tempting too

Salah (C) home to Newcastle looks too good to turn down, anyone any thoughts?

I'm in the same boat.

Looking at Sterling & Alonso out, Salah & Doherty in for a -4

I'll still have Sane for City cover (and yes I haven't had Doherty in all season)

Shaw at 4.9 is tempting too

Salah (C) home to Newcastle looks too good to turn down, anyone any thoughts?

It's honestly a real tough one and I'm glad it's not a decision I have to make.

He's in great form at the moment, he's looking so sharp. He's starting to get the points his xg suggested he would.

That said there is a very decent chance he gets rested against Newcastle with Arsenal just around the corner. It's very hard to know if he gets a rest, but klopp did it earlier this season, wasn't afraid to go with Origi, Studge, Shaq against Burnley away (on paper a harder fixture). Then again salah is hard to leave out at the moment and klopp know Newcastle could be difficult to break down. Salah looks less in a need of a rest than other attacking players. I'd lean towards him starting, but there's a very good chance he won't and he then has 2 tough fixtures.

I'd probably lean to getting him in but there's no obvious answer here

I think there is too much knee jerking over city at the moment.

They still scored two goals. More likely to see a reaction than another loss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ederson
    Alonso Robertson Doherty Digne AWB
    Salah Sterling Anderson Ricky Obiang
    Auba Jiminez Mitro

1FT 0itb

No Spurs or United attacking cover over the next two could kill my rank. Willing to take a - 4. Any moves standing out?

Could do Alonso, Anderson, Auba to Lovren, Martial, Kane for a - 8. Is that too kneejerky though?

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    I have looked at every possible combination to get martial in for Pedro ( or Fraser but I've decided not to do that ). I am trying as much as possible to stay away from rotation risks as well. 2 FT and .8 ITB

Patricio to button . Play fabianski every week. Allows me Pedro to martial with exact money ITB to upgrade Mitrovic to rashford if I also wanted . Also allows Fraser to martial and leave nothing ITB

Alonso to trippier . Then same as above
    Trippier has great fixtures BUT next weekend game is the one where rest of defence/team could have a very poor week so I would really need him to start and he may well be rotated. Alderweireld is .1 cheaper but has next to no attacking threat and could easily be rotated too
    I am very reluctant to sell Alonso tbh but may have to. Not sure I see a clean sheet in next 2 games but then 2 nice ones again

Obviously waiting till after spurs game as who knows what will happen

Which option looks best

Hhmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ederson
    Alonso Robertson Doherty Digne AWB
    Salah Sterling Anderson Ricky Obiang
    Auba Jiminez Mitro

1FT 0itb

No Spurs or United attacking cover over the next two could kill my rank. Willing to take a - 4. Any moves standing out?

Could do Alonso, Anderson, Auba to Lovren, Martial, Kane for a - 8. Is that too kneejerky though?

If you wanted to be conservative and avoid hits but still get a way into the United attack, then Lingard for Anderson or Ricky could be an option. He had 3 shots and 3 on target against Cardiff, compared to 1 shot and 1 o/t for Martial, and 4 shots and 2 o/t for Rashford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭larchielads

Ive wildcarded from
    ederson, patricio,
    TAA alonso daniels yedlin dunk
    Sane sterling fraser mcarthur stephens
    Kane wilson auba
    to
    Fabianski, hart
    TAA, VVD, Daniels ,holebas, dunk
    Salah, sterling, fraser, mcarthur, stephens
    Aguero, auba, ings

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Flapianski
    Digne Alonso Schindler
    Sterling Sane Richarlison Snodgrass
    Kane Auba Jimenez
    Subs: Button, Bennett, AWB, Kayal

Alonso is gone. If I sub him out for a defender 4.1, I can transfer Sane to Salah and keep Sterling. Is it worth it though?

Is there any defender 4.1 that will do half a job even that I don’t have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Lemlin wrote: »
    Flapianski
    Digne Alonso Schindler
    Sterling Sane Richarlison Snodgrass
    Kane Auba Jimenez
    Subs: Button, Bennett, AWB, Kayal

Alonso is gone. If I sub him out for a defender 4.1, I can transfer Sane to Salah and keep Sterling. Is it worth it though?

Is there any defender 4.1 that will do half a job even that I don’t have?

Bednerak at 3.9 probably your best bet

KevIRL wrote: »
    Bednerak at 3.9 probably your best bet

I did a bit of digging earlier as I seen someone say he is only playing Cos Cedric is out
    Valery has replaced Cedric
    Bednarek has been preferred over Hoedt in 3 man defence
    He looks nailed . Not the best fixtures but a decent enabler no doubt

Half the united team set to rise tonight

No good will come of this ......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I'm tempted by a few weeks of United assets, was going to gamble on lingard during the week but held back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Peter File

Ive wildcarded from
    ederson, patricio,
    TAA alonso daniels yedlin dunk
    Sane sterling fraser mcarthur stephens
    Kane wilson auba
    to
    Fabianski, hart
    TAA, VVD, Daniels ,holebas, dunk
    Salah, sterling, fraser, mcarthur, stephens
    Aguero, auba, ings

Any thoughts?
    you have no spurs attackers. I'd keep Kane or Get Son it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Don't waste a transfer on Son - he's off to Asian games in January.
    Gonna ditch Pickford after today. Stuck with him after the howler in the derby but he cost us at least 1 goal today (felt he should've reacted quicker than Kane on the free kick) plus he could get retrospectively banned for the tackle on Alli especially if he's injured

Advertisement