Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 19 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

km79 wrote: »
    I’m celebrating his bday tomorrow evening with a few beers

And when your toping up from that on Stephens day what are people doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Which of

Mitro to Rashford

Or

Fraser to Lingard

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

And when your toping up from that on Stephens day what are people doing.

No I wouldn't bother with Dale Stephens if I were you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

No I wouldn't bother with Dale Stephens if I were you!

And Jack's not nailed for Southampton either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I never like the look of a team with Salah, Kane and two other premium attackers. No idea if there's enough value to be had in the bottom end of the market to make up for it but it just doesn't look balanced enough for my liking.

Interesting.

I've Salah Kane Son Aubameyang and Richi

That also gives me a premium defender in Alonso and Lloris

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

I've done
    Out: Sterling-Fraser
    In: Hazard-Snoddy

Mainly to block rivals and also to build up a transfer kitty for the returns of Aguero (or Sane) and Salah to my team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Somehow I've got treble Man United players.....

Happy Christmas folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Flyer29

Worried about Robertson this week, lots of football to be played so if he’s going to rest him it’ll be for this game.

Anyone have an opinion on Lacazette? Still have him in my team, expensive enough and a game against Liverpool in a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Flyer29 wrote: »
    Worried about Robertson this week, lots of football to be played so if he’s going to rest him it’ll be for this game.

Anyone have an opinion on Lacazette? Still have him in my team, expensive enough and a game against Liverpool in a few days

Way too expensive for 9.5mil... I shipped him out for Rashford & invested in my midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Alonso, Sterling and Chicarito out for Lovern, Salah and Rashford for -4. Thoughts? Worth it or madness?

Edit: 0.1m short of TAA (unless he drops tonight). Might take a punt on Shaw instead, as a differential is needed to catch up on main leader.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,509 ✭✭✭✭CSF

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Alonso, Sterling and Chicarito out for Lovern, Salah and Rashford for -4. Thoughts? Worth it or madness?
    I'd be inclined to keep Sterling, but if you're fed up with him and want rid there are worse combinations of transfers to do it with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

CSF wrote: »
    I'd be inclined to keep Sterling, but if you're fed up with him and want rid there are worse combinations of transfers to do it with.

Cheers. I'd really rather not transfer him out, but I have Salah fear. Rival has Salah and Sterling. So I'm not sure this move helps me, perhaps making Salah captain might help.

Also, I'm 0.1 short of TAA. Might take a chance on Shaw instead as a differential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I have Salah fear! Only way I can get him back is

Laporte
    Sterling
    Robertson out for

TAA
    Bednarek
    Salah In for -4?

Team looks like this then
    Hamer Fabianski
    TAA AWB Bednarek Bennet Zabaletta
    Sane Salah Ricky Townsend Hojbjerg
    Kane PEA Jiminez

I’d have 1.6 itb then to upgrade Spacecraft or Hojbjerg next week if needs be can also move on Zaba then if I don’t want double west ham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

It's 50/50 at best for Rashford to cover the -4 I would have said. If in doubt, you could just use the free transfers and assess after the next game.

Edit: 0.1m short of TAA (unless he drops tonight). Might take a punt on Shaw instead, as a differential is needed to catch up on main leader.
    Have you other Man City coverage? Thinking about moving Sterling myself but I have Sane as cover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Did a slightly tired and drunken Alonso ----> VVD last night.

Rumours of him being rested/dropped, plus his form, and Chelsea's, is in the toilet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Hart

Robertson | Ake| digne

Sterling (C) | Sane | hazard | Ricky l Anderson

Rashford | Augero(VC)

Subs; Wan B, Bennett, kamara

. 4 ITB.

Anyone worth getting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Hart

Robertson | Ake| digne

Sterling (C) | Sane | hazard | Ricky l Anderson

Rashford | Augero(VC)

Subs; Wan B, Bennett, kamara

. 4 ITB.

Anyone worth getting?

Son
    Also I think it would be wise to play AWB at home to Cardiff rather than ake away to spurs ..........
    If you do get son I’d also captain him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Took a -4 to do Dunk to Shaw and Armstrong to Herrera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Think I’m going to bank. Could probably downgrade Alonso to free up funds, but there is no obvious replacement. I have Liverpool, Everton and Wolves defenders and don’t fancy a double up. Spurs defence is a no go as I’ve no idea who will start tomorrow.

Happy to start my front 7 of Salah, Sterling, Richarlison, Anderson, Pereyra, Kane and Jiminez.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

SlickRic wrote: »
    precisely.

one guy in my league got Pogba in and captained him the minute Mourinho was sacked. seriously.

i'll do Ricky ----> Lingard or Alli ----> Martial for free. and that's it. and mainly because they've a lovely bunch of games. you couldn't pay me to bring in a defender.

Was this me? If so make yourself known to me! Is he in first in your league?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

What are people’s thoughts about Maherz starting tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,825 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ace2007 wrote: »
    What are people’s thoughts about Maherz starting tomorrow?

I'm thinking he starts on the right. Sané starts on the left. Aguero up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

**** it, I want Salah back too much:

Sterling -> Salah
    Robertson -> TAA

2 FT’s.

Happy enough with Wan-Bissaka (CAR) or Bennett (ful) to slot in if TAA doesn’t make it tomorrow.

I have Sane for City coverage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Did Sané(think he'll be benched this gw + not overly confident of his nailed-ness going forward - welcome back KDB) to Lingard. 3m in the bank now for some changes over the coming weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

manual_man wrote: »
    Did Sané(think he'll be benched this gw + not overly confident of his nailed-ness going forward - welcome back KDB) to Lingard. 3m in the bank now for some changes over the coming weeks
    No good will come of this ........take that from someone who has had the “pleasure” of watching Lingard in a united shirt for the past few years “creating space “ for the other attackers

That’s code for he has little end product but he is English so isn’t criticized on MOTD

Paully D wrote: »
    **** it, I want Salah back too much:

Sterling -> Salah
    Robertson -> TAA

2 FT’s.

Happy enough with Wan-Bissaka (CAR) or Bennett (ful) to slot in if TAA doesn’t make it tomorrow.

I have Sane for City coverage.

Done exact same

Really dunno what to do - Son, Lingard and Salah on my radar to bring in, but there is every possibility that Salah won't start given the 2 huge games after Newcastle. Be just my luck to bring him in and him not to start.

Son sorta seems like a waste of a transfer because I'd have to get rid of him again in a few GW's anyway. Although it's in great form - so might bring him in.

Lingard was decent last year, and if he has a free licence could be value. Issue that I would be worried about is Big Rom, will he go straight into the side that won 5-1, if so who gets dropped to the bench, and how will affect Lingard's effect.

Front 8 are
    Sterling, Sane, Mahrez, Marital, Anderson
    PEA, Kane, Kamara

I broke Sterling/Sane/Mahrez - in the 15 GW's prior to me getting them in there were averaging 22+ points per match between them, some weeks were up to 40 points.

Will the return of KdB/Aguero assist Sterling or will it more than likely mean reduced points return/game time?

I can only get both of Salah and Son if I get rid of Sterling and Sane - however long term I think both are more nailed on than Mahrez.

km79 wrote: »
    No good will come of this ........take that from someone who has had the “pleasure” of watching Lingard in a united shirt for the past few years “creating space “ for the other attackers

That’s code for he has little end product but he is English so isn’t criticized on MOTD

He had a very good season last year though. He's also quite cheap so it's an easy fix if he doesn't work out.

It's not so long ago you were telling folk to stay well away from Martial as well, but you've slightly changed your tune on that one.

• Advertisement

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Really dunno what to do - Son, Lingard and Salah on my radar to bring in, but there is every possibility that Salah won't start given the 2 huge games after Newcastle. Be just my luck to bring him in and him not to start.

Son sorta seems like a waste of a transfer because I'd have to get rid of him again in a few GW's anyway. Although it's in great form - so might bring him in.

Lingard was decent last year, and if he has a free licence could be value. Issue that I would be worried about is Big Rom, will he go straight into the side that won 5-1, if so who gets dropped to the bench, and how will affect Lingard's effect.

Front 8 are
    Sterling, Sane, Mahrez, Marital, Anderson
    PEA, Kane, Kamara

I broke Sterling/Sane/Mahrez - in the 15 GW's prior to me getting them in there were averaging 22+ points per match between them, some weeks were up to 40 points.

Will the return of KdB/Aguero assist Sterling or will it more than likely mean reduced points return/game time?

I can only get both of Salah and Son if I get rid of Sterling and Sane - however long term I think both are more nailed on than Mahrez.
    You also have to factor Sanchez into the equation at United also now he’s back training

Advertisement