Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 19 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭Invincible

km79 wrote: »
    No good will come of this ........take that from someone who has had the “pleasure” of watching Lingard in a united shirt for the past few years “creating space “ for the other attackers

That’s code for he has little end product but he is English so isn’t criticized on MOTD

Similar to Kane, does feck all most games, but because he's English...
    Take the last game as example, nothing on news headlines about Son scoring 2, but arry got the headlines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

No good will come of this ........take that from someone who has had the “pleasure” of watching Lingard in a united shirt for the past few years “creating space “ for the other attackers

That’s code for he has little end product but he is English so isn’t criticized on MOTD

We'll see. I'm unsure if he'll be in my team long-term. He has, however, shown much improved form, both for England and Man U, of late. So I've considered him worthy of a punt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Whats the deal with Lukaku ,will he miss the next 2 games ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

He'll probably be twice the size by the time he comes back after Christmas.

Wilberto wrote: »
    He'll probably be twice the size by the time he comes back after Christmas.

Adebayo_Akinfenwa_2015_%28cropped%29.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

He's on compassionate leave but dunno when he's due back.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    He's on compassionate leave but dunno when he's due back.

Very tempted to get Rashford in for Jesus .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

He had a very good season last year though. He's also quite cheap so it's an easy fix if he doesn't work out.

It's not so long ago you were telling folk to stay well away from Martial as well, but you've slightly changed your tune on that one.

You may have noticed the manager changed........and as I said I brought him in purely as a blocker from the loons who have doubles up already in my league and probably tripled up by now !
    I don’t expect to have him by next month but I’ll protect myself for now and he is the best option imo

You may have noticed the manager changed........and as I said I brought him in purely as a blocker from the loons who have doubles up already in my league and probably tripled up by now !
    I don’t expect to have him by next month but I’ll protect myself for now and he is the best option imo

Yes but his form has been better than most premium midfielders over 10+ GWs before Jose got sacked and you had no confidence in him.

Regardless of why you brought him in, he has been on from this season

Season feels stuck. I’m about the 170k mark from a high of 2k and have been over 100k since GW 11.

Fabianski, Hamer

Alonso, Robertson, AWB, Digne, Bennett

Hazard, Anderson, Richarlison, Sane, Camarasa

Lacazette, Jimenez, Kane

Have 0.5m in the bank amd 2 FT’s.

Would like Martial but haven’t enough to upgrade Camarasa and sell Jimenez.

Feel like the rest of the team is solid and all have good fixtures.

Genuinely flummoxed for the first time all season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Is martial out tomorrow?

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Is martial out tomorrow?

http://twitter.com/utdxtra/status/1077707561288327168

Of for Christ’s sake

He has turned up seperate before though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

http://twitter.com/utdxtra/status/1077707561288327168

Of for Christ’s sake

He has turned up seperate before though

Saw a 19 man utd squad and he's not in it. Dunno how reliable it is. I'm keeping him though.

Thinking Alonso and sane out. Jonny and Salah in for no hit. Yay or nay

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Saw a 19 man utd squad and he's not in it. Dunno how reliable it is. I'm keeping him though.

I would say yay. Alonso is definitely not giving a points per price value and I think Dalai is better than Sané.

Yes but his form has been better than most premium midfielders over 10+ GWs before Jose got sacked and you had no confidence in him.

Regardless of why you brought him in, he has been on from this season

I had no confidence in José not dropping him first chance he got as he bask always done and sure enough ...........after a great run of sciring as you said he has a poor derby (scores a pen ) and a poor game against palace ( the whole team ) and he is dropped
    I would never have signed him while Jose was there for that reason . He was then injured ........and only got a cameo against Liverpool when he was needed much earlier . He clearly was able for longer but as has been shown throughout his time there José didn’t trust him and often scapegoated him . I didn’t want to be dealing with that

But that was my rationale and if you look back at the 4 games before Jose got the boot you can see why

And runours of Alonso being dropped too after I went the selling Patricio route instead
    Annoying

That's put a right spanner in the works. Dunno what to do now.

Also are any of the 3pm games on tv tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

What’s the craic with Eriksen? Does not seem to be a popular choice at the moment. Is he guarunteed starts, I think Alli has some sort of hamstring injury so surely Eriksen a banker to start both upcoming home games

That's put a right spanner in the works. Dunno what to do now.

Also are any of the 3pm games on tv tomorrow?

Pain in the hole is what it is !!!!!!

Fulham wolves 1230pm
    Brighton arsenal 515
    Watford Chelsea 730

Those are the TV games . Doesn’t seem to be a 3pm live game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

km79 wrote:
    Hardest working player a very ever seen live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

What’s the craic with Eriksen? Does not seem to be a popular choice at the moment. Is he guarunteed starts, I think Alli has some sort of hamstring injury so surely Eriksen a banker to start both upcoming home games

Eriksen playing slightly deeper. Set pieces have never reaped the rewards and now has trippier taking some and even lamela.

Ali / son / lamela / moura all further up the pitch than him when they are on the field.

All that being said he in good form and scored a cracker against Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,509 ✭✭✭✭CSF

So relieved I edged for Pogba having seen that. If that is indeed the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Season feels stuck. I’m about the 170k mark from a high of 2k and have been over 100k since GW 11.

Fabianski, Hamer

Lacazette, Jimenez, Kane

Maybe lacazette to rashford and roll the 2 transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Tempted by Bennett to Shaw but Robbo, Alonso Shaw Doherty and AWB almost seems like too strong a defence

Be a serious temptation to 5 4 1 it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Not sure if it's worth a hit to get dunk out, transferred in martial so bench is light looking for this rotation gameweek already.

Given that it was Xmas night and Martial has a baby and leaves nearby I am clinging on to the hope he was allowed stay at home and join up this morning instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Given that it was Xmas night and Martial has a baby and leaves nearby I am clinging on to the hope he was allowed stay at home and join up this morning instead

Saw this on Reddit...

"Martial was carrying a knock during last international break and was said by the club doctors that he needs to managed carefully during December and it's hard for him to play 2-3 games at a stretch.

Arsenal - 68 min (pulled thigh)

Fulham - didn't play

Liverpool - short cameo

Cardiff - 85 min

Also regarding people staying with the squad in Lowry hotel, don't believe some twitter replies which put out the template "this is usually the case, he stays nearby". It's rare and very rare for United players not staying in the team hotel to make the matchday squad. For away games 100% no one travels separately and for home games it's 99% and in the 1% case they might be in bench/stadium.

For Fulham home match he wasn't in the team hotel, despite Mourinho saying after the Arsenal match that Martial thinks it's "pre-injury" and he is fine. As expected he didn't start.

So my overall opinion is he won't start today and he has been advised by the club staff to be managed carefully. Since he hasn't been spotted yesterday, it's highly unlikely that he starts and a 1% chance that he is in bench since it's a home game.

Edit : This is my observation based on logical reasoning & with the experience of following the club ardently. This is not any ITK news. If he starts today, then well & good for everyone."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Somehow I've ended up with no Liverpool and I'm terrified of today. While it's a potential rotation game I'm leaning towards Hazard to Mane. Can't find a second move I'm happy with to make that Salah instead.

Saw this on Reddit...

"Martial was carrying a knock during last international break and was said by the club doctors that he needs to managed carefully during December and it's hard for him to play 2-3 games at a stretch.

Arsenal - 68 min (pulled thigh)

Fulham - didn't play

Liverpool - short cameo

Cardiff - 85 min

Also regarding people staying with the squad in Lowry hotel, don't believe some twitter replies which put out the template "this is usually the case, he stays nearby". It's rare and very rare for United players not staying in the team hotel to make the matchday squad. For away games 100% no one travels separately and for home games it's 99% and in the 1% case they might be in bench/stadium.

For Fulham home match he wasn't in the team hotel, despite Mourinho saying after the Arsenal match that Martial thinks it's "pre-injury" and he is fine. As expected he didn't start.

So my overall opinion is he won't start today and he has been advised by the club staff to be managed carefully. Since he hasn't been spotted yesterday, it's highly unlikely that he starts and a 1% chance that he is in bench since it's a home game.

Edit : This is my observation based on logical reasoning & with the experience of following the club ardently. This is not any ITK news. If he starts today, then well & good for everyone."
    Looks like after wasting one transfer on pedro last weekend I have managed to waste my 2 frees this week. And don't have Salah. Could be a long day

I will add to this however by saying OGS mentioned nothing and said there were no injuries......

• Advertisement

Fabianski, Hamer

Lacazette, Jimenez, Kane

Just gonna bump this as I posted it late last night.

Back in Ireland for the second December running and again for all the wrong reasons.

Don’t have time to piss and I’m dosed.

That all said I don’t think there’s anything I can do but mostly because I think they all have good upcoming fixtures.

Can’t get Lingard or Rashford in for Camarasa or Jimenez.

Alonso is one I’d reluctantly sell. Maybe Alonso to Chambers and Jimenez to Rashford.

Might just do Hamer to Button.

Advertisement