Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High petrol and diesel prices in Limerick

• 21-12-2018 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Fuel prices in the city and surrounds remain steadfastly high in comparison to most other areas. See pumps.ie for evidence. Driving from Tipperary yesterday 20 Dec I saw petrol prices as low as 133.5 much lower than in the city in particular. Limerick drivers are being ripped off. Please post Limerick prices here to highlight those who are passing on the huge drop in oil prices and those who are not.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I got diesel at 127.8 today in the apple green by Coonagh. Try updating www.pumps.ie

Its currently very out of date, but if a few people update it, it Could be a useful reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭mollymac57

Applegreen seem to be leading the way in lower prices. Don’t normally head out that side of town but worth a swing round. Having trouble with my pumps account and the reset password captcha isnt working properly so I can’t update unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I use AA app and get 4C off per litre making Circle K on dock road comparable to Applegreen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭moby2101

I use AA app and get 4C off per litre making Circle K on dock road comparable to Applegreen

Hi masterboy,

How does this work?
    Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭moby2101

I see you need a policy, just downloading the app won’t work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

I haven't been able to log in or update pumps.ie for a long time, it used to be a useful resource.

Passed along the dock road last night, the station nearest Shannon bridge was 136.9 & the other two were 137.9 for Petrol. Nice price drop since I filled up last week at 143.9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Yes, i think AA costs 8 euro per month. It's a piece of mind that in case car breaks, someone you could ring aside your car insurance policy.

Just tanked up diesel and saved 1.77e this morning.
    moby2101 wrote: »
    I see you need a policy, just downloading the app won’t work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

The petrol and diesel seems to be very cheap at the moment around. 1.27 for diesel in inver(I think its inver anyway) near the peony court

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Petrol and Diesel going for half nothing at the moment. I'm only concerned with Petrol myself, generally no higher than 138.9 on the Dock Road. I know that self service one is 136.9 and there's another place on the other side of the road that's cheap.

It's going for 133.9 in Newcastle.

According to Pumps.ie the cheapest for petrol in Limerick city now is Applegreen Clondrinagh 134.8, Top Oil Dock Rd 135.9, Applegreen Ennis Rd 136.8. At long last prices are coming down but prices are still cheaper out in the county eg: Newcastle West 133. Thanks to everyone for posting prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Price of oil has dropped globally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

In Athlone today,Jones Oil 128.8,EK Fuels 129.9,Circle K 130.9.

Petrol at 136.8 at Applegreen, Monaleen 24 Dec. Coming down gradually but still much higher than other parts of the county eg Newcastle West and further afield. Motorists in the city being ripped off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭SixtaWalthers

US market is unstable these days. The stock exchange is crashing and businesses are feeling bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 4 leaf clover

it is scandalous, you would have to wonder is there a cartel at play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

If your insurance is with AXA you can also get a free fuel card which gives you 4c off the advertised price. The card doesn't expire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I was up the midlands/north west last week and it was noticibly cheaper than Limerick

Definitely. Cartel. Take a drive out the Dublin Rd and see the lack of competition. Have enough in the tank until I get to a station with fair pricing and will fill up then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭phonypony

If your insurance is with AXA you can also get a free fuel card which gives you 4c off the advertised price. The card doesn't expire

Thanks for this- at no point, being a customer of both, has either ever communicated this to me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

phonypony wrote: »
    Thanks for this- at no point, being a customer of both, has either ever communicated this to me...

I bet it has. Have you heard of AXA Plus?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

At one stage up to Xmas there was a 10 cent differently between templemore and Thurles for diesel.best in Templemore @ €1.38 versus €1.285 in Thurles.so its not just limerick

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

boggerman1 wrote: »
    At one stage up to Xmas there was a 10 cent differently between templemore and Thurles for diesel.best in Templemore @ €1.38 versus €1.285 in Thurles.so its not just limerick

I was a 9 cent difference on the Ennis road yesterday for diesel. 124.8 applegreen Coonagh, 133.9 circle k on the Ennis road.

Support Suppliers with the lowest prices and make great savings too. Shop around.

In Tipperary town today petrol widely available at 131.5/L. Esso station on Limerick road out of Tipp had it at 129.9 where I filled up. That price is a good 16 or 17 cent cheaper than 3 or 4 weeks ago. More reductions to come as Oil keeps dropping. Now a good time to think about filling up with home heating oil if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

1.21 in tramore county Waterford

Super low price in Tramore. A good 15c cheaper than most Limerick stations. Just shows the amount of price gouging here.

Advertisement