Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrong bill

• 22-12-2018 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello, I got an electricity bill but I left Ireland 24.10. and I paid all my bills. Now, there is a new tenant. In my properity, they said that they will cancel my account in electricity Ireland. But she probably didnt call there...what now? I will not pay bill for anyone else...I asked for cancelation of my account there...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kocurkova48

And will i get the deposit 300€ back??? If u text me back I can give u my account number and you will see that I paid last bill, before I left, you got meter reading...yester I asked for closing this account. I was thinking that the lady in property did it, she said that, but she probably forget....unbelievable...it stressed me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

I'm not sure she would be allowed to cancel YOUR account. If she tried, they would have told her that they can only deal with the account holder, which is still you.

Ok but nobody told us to cancel account, she just said that she will sort it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Electric Ireland: Brige

Hi kocurkova48,

Thanks for your message.

When a customer moves out of a property Electric Ireland would recommend that they close their account, and reopen again (should they choose to), at their new property. This prevents bills for the property issuing in their name, when they are no longer responsible for the supply at the property.

If customers do not close their account, a new tenant, or the property owner/letting agent can close the previous occupant's account, as long as they are opening a new account to take responsibility for the supply at the premises.

Electric Ireland can back date a move out up to two months after an occupant has left the property. As such, if you moved out on October 24th, today (December 24th) would be the last day that we can close the account for you. However, the new occupant can contact Electric Ireland at any time and close the account and open their own.

To close the account for you, could you please send us a private message with the following details?
    • Your full name
    • Your Irish address
    • Your Electric Ireland account number
    • Your contact number
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (Yes/No)
    • The meter reading taken the day you left the property, and the date the reading was taken
    • Your forwarding address (for the final bill)
    [*]
    We can then look into closing the account for you.

If you do not have the above details, or cannot provide them today, we recommend contacting the property owner or letting agent in charge of your rental property. If you advise them that the account has not been closed in your name they can then look into rectifying this for you.

We hope this helps. Should you have any questions, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

Hi kocurkova48,

Thanks for your message.

When a customer moves out of a property Electric Ireland would recommend that they close their account, and reopen again (should they choose to), at their new property. This prevents bills for the property issuing in their name, when they are no longer responsible for the supply at the property.

If customers do not close their account, a new tenant, or the property owner/letting agent can close the previous occupant's account, as long as they are opening a new account to take responsibility for the supply at the premises.

Electric Ireland can back date a move out up to two months after an occupant has left the property. As such, if you moved out on October 24th, today (December 24th) would be the last day that we can close the account for you. However, the new occupant can contact Electric Ireland at any time and close the account and open their own.

To close the account for you, could you please send us a private message with the following details?
    • Your full name
    • Your Irish address
    • Your Electric Ireland account number
    • Your contact number
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (Yes/No)
    • The meter reading taken the day you left the property, and the date the reading was taken
    • Your forwarding address (for the final bill)
    [*]
    We can then look into closing the account for you.

If you do not have the above details, or cannot provide them today, we recommend contacting the property owner or letting agent in charge of your rental property. If you advise them that the account has not been closed in your name they can then look into rectifying this for you.

We hope this helps. Should you have any questions, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

I send you some details to pm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Electric Ireland: Brige

Hi kocurkova48,

Thanks for your message.

We have responded to your private message now.

Should you have any other queries in the meantime, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

Advertisement